02-02-11 – Vote Whoring

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-02-11 – Vote Whoring

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Throw down your best attempts to vote-whore — Cute kids, farkisms, scantily-clad women, etc.

Theme suggestion kudos go to orionid–thanks!

ravnostic
    Participant

This, by the way, will be the 300th farktography contest, if the stats are correct.

//In lesser news, it will also be my 1 year farktographer anniversary. I have no idea what to do with it. Probably cats–I have no kids, I’m no good with the farkisms, gawd knows I don’t have a collection of scantily-clad women pictures, and I don’t even know who etc. is.

[edit] The intertube leadethed me to wikipedia, and we know that they don’t lie, which reports about Farkisms and clich?s and gives several examples. Wiki, astounding authority that they are, sub-headlines the topic with the ‘see also’ tag followed by “Internet Meme”, whereupon they tie in with the mentioning of the “caturday meme”, two sub-topics above. And I’ve seen this meme a number of times here, there, and again.

Based upon this,and what photos I have to work with , I have to ask if lolcat posts are acceptable, as I might have a fleeting chance at not sucking nearly as badly as I did before Richard Tickler taught me techniques which aren’t germane to my question.

In other words, can we caption photos in this contest?

Kestrana
    Participant

orionid standing over my shoulder says no text on the picture unless it’s shot as part of the picture. “So if you want to paste a post-it note to Blerticus, that’s fine”.

ennuipoet
    Participant

rav: As a Fark Photoshopper I know a fair bit about vote whoring. The text in a Vote Whore is not at all relevant to the whoring going on. The whoring is always in the image. Thus a nubile woman scantily attired will attract scads of votes even if, say, Bible verses are slapped on the top. Even in the Caturday threads, the text is secondary to the “Awwwwwww” factor of the cat. Be proud, whore photos for all they are worth! You don’t need text, just a firm set of boobies, small cute kitten or firemen without their shirts!

All of which I will be using in this contest!

ravnostic
    Participant

rav: As a Fark Photoshopper I know a fair bit about vote whoring. The text in a Vote Whore is not at all relevant to the whoring going on. The whoring is always in the image. Thus a nubile woman scantily attired will attract scads of votes even if, say, Bible verses are slapped on the top. Even in the Caturday threads, the text is secondary to the “Awwwwwww” factor of the cat. Be proud, whore photos for all they are worth! You don’t need text, just a firm set of boobies, small cute kitten or firemen without their shirts!

All of which I will be using in this contest!

Firm set of kitten with boobies laying on a fireman. Check. I’ll get to work on that. 😉

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

The pic I want to enter has a well endowed woman in a bikini, with a baby wearing a Monty Python shirt in one arm, and a puppy eating bacon in the other arm.

Unfortunately, getting it from my imagination onto a memory card is proving a tad tricky 🙁

ennuipoet
    Participant

I am in the midst of a dilemma:

To Boobie or Not to Boobie, that is question? Whether this nobler in the thread to proffer the breast of nubile young women, or take shots of puppies and kittens, and by my posting rend votes for them. To vie for votes cheap, and in that cheap way, gain more, and by that cheap way suspend, the heartache of thousand low vote threads, that my shots are heir to, tis a consummation devoutly to be wished!

Kestrana
    Participant

To vote, to haver no more, and by a vote to say we end the thousand natural shocks when pictures fail, tis a consummation devoutly to be wished, to vote, to build stats, to make Ultra Farktographer – aye there’s the rub, for in that statistical menu, what respect may come when we have shuffled off this mortal website must give us pause. Tis the fate that makes calamity of such long internet usage, for who can bear the whips and scorns of trolls, the noobs that are wrong, the proud know-it all mega-posters. The pangs of despised rebuttal, the mods delay, the insolence of TFers.

geom_00
    Participant

ennuipoet , and Kestrana

BRAVO!!!!

How much alcohol do you think I would need to get three chicks making out at a stop sigh that says 3-way on it?

/I keed I keed.

ennuipoet
    Participant

To vote, to haver no more, and by a vote to say we end the thousand natural shocks when pictures fail, tis a consummation devoutly to be wished, to vote, to build stats, to make Ultra Farktographer – aye there’s the rub, for in that statistical menu, what respect may come when we have shuffled off this mortal website must give us pause. Tis the fate that makes calamity of such long internet usage, for who can bear the whips and scorns of trolls, the noobs that are wrong, the proud know-it all mega-posters. The pangs of despised rebuttal, the mods delay, the insolence of TFers.

Damn, where is my copy of Othello! I can’t let myself be one upped like this!:D

U-Man
    Participant

1. – I can’t even come close to that Shakespearean verse. Nicely done.
    2. – This theme is so not my style. I have nothing to use and no new ideas.

One of the above is pretty much true. The other is dripping with sarcasm. (Hint – I got a BS in Biology, not English.)

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

If we are whoring for votes, we are enow to do our scruples loss; and if to make the top 10, those few, the greater share of gloating. Voters’ will! I wish for you not one more vote than I. By puppies and boobies and memes, I am wholly covetous of winners, not care from who I doth steal for ideas…From this week until the next theme, but we who shoot to cater to farkers shall receive votes and right-clicks–we few, we shutterbugs, we band of farktographers; for he this week that deigns to shoot for farceurs’ whims shall be my competition; be he ne’er so debasing, this week shall prove our obsequiousness. And the memes not used, shunned in our head, shall curse themselves they were not used, and have a seat over there while any boasts that made the farktographer’s three upon this Vote Whoring contest.

[ennuipoet and kestrana: you two ruled. but i had to play…..]

clouddancer
    Participant

Are either of these vote whore-y enough?

Or do I have to try harder?

linguine
    Participant

The first one made me laugh, but the second one may be more vote whoringish.

Curious
    Participant

well i have a kid and a puppy in one shot but it’s a rather poor scan. we shall see how that goes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘02-02-11 – Vote Whoring’ is closed to new replies.