02-02-11 – Vote Whoring

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-02-11 – Vote Whoring

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

Congrats orionid for sure.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Sharing one & two with your spouse just wasn’t good enough, you had to have it all to yourself, eh orionid? 😉 Congrats on an awesome showing!

And now, on to some stats…

While we didn’t have any single entries that topped 100 votes, we did have 5 farktographers that had 100 or more votes total, which is in itself a relatively rare occurrence having happened only 140 times previously:

UserName        Votes

orionid 176
    Elsinore 120
    Ranger Joe 112
    BecauseISaidSo 109
    Zero Exponent 100

And orionid‘s total at 176 puts him at the #5 spot all-time.

As far as total contest votes, while it started out stronger than Weather, it flattened out a bit and then came back strong to finish just slightly less. Rather than duplicate the graph here, I’ve updated the one in my previous post to show the whole timeline.

That puts this contest at #14 and makes 6 top-twenty contests in the last 6 months. I’d say that’s a pretty strong statement that farktography is alive and well.

One thing to note in this list as compared to previous versions: I’ve eliminated the first six contests from stats consideration as contest #7 was the first to standardize on the 3-photos-per-entrant rule.

Curious
    Participant

nice to see stats. one thing stand out, total entrants and total entries isn’t a X times 3 equals thing.

orionid
    Participant

Thanks, all. Apparently I am the whoriest whore that’s ever whored.

/I’ll be in my bunk?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

nice to see stats. one thing stand out, total entrants and total entries isn’t a X times 3 equals thing.

Thanks, Curious. I hadn’t thought about it, but evidently it’s a pretty rare thing to always post 3. I just ran a query to check into that, and there are only 8 farktographers with 5 or more contests that have always posted 3 entries. Of those, 5 posted in 5 contests, 1 in 6, 1 in 7, and 1 in 35 contests.

The last one’s me. 😯 We’ll see how long that lasts…

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Sharing one & two with your spouse just wasn’t good enough, you had to have it all to yourself, eh orionid? 😉 Congrats on an awesome showing!

And now, on to some stats…

All hail King Whore!

Pleasantly surprised to see my name on that list 😀
    Two weeks ago I was worrying that I had nothing for this theme.
    I have that same feeling now about software hootenanny, only this time I doubt q+d will fare well.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Almost forgot to mention – Congrats to Elsinore on her 250th contest!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Whoa, cool, thanks!!

LeicaLens
    Participant

Congratulations, Orionid. First and second, and tons of votes.
    I think that’s the second week in a row we have had one guy take the two top spots as clear winners (ravnostic in “weather”).

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘02-02-11 – Vote Whoring’ is closed to new replies.