02-04-09 – That’s Cold

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-04-09 – That’s Cold

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Pictures so cold the viewer wants to get a cup of hot cocoa and sit by a fire.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, corsec67!

bucky_bacon
    Participant

It’s a shame that we can’t use screen caps…

/brrr

staplermofo
    Participant

Psh, pansy.
    It’s -14 Kelvin in Chicago.

corsec67
    Participant

I was going to complain about near record high temps here in Colorado, but then on looking through my archive I realized that for one of my “Models in Swimsuit” shoots in December we went out in the snow. For about 5 min.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I need a judge’s ruling on this one. We’re going for anything cold, right? Not necessarily an outdoor winter scene. Just cold or frozen things?

corsec67
    Participant

I need a judge’s ruling on this one. We’re going for anything cold, right? Not necessarily an outdoor winter scene. Just cold or frozen things?

Anything where the viewer “wants to get a cup of hot cocoa and sit by a fire.”

So, if soosh had a picture of a house that flooded and then froze from broken plumbing, for example, that would work just fine.

Maybe the inside of the freezer, an ice rink, low temperature test chambers.

I left it fairly open on purpose, otherwise the people from Florida would be in trouble.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Hmm… that’s what I was afraid of. I have a clever shot of a frozen object, but it’s not the type to make you want to go warm up. I’ll just save it for another day.

Thanks for the clarification.

orionid
    Participant

And I’m buried in two feet of snow and have nothing for this one yet. The only thing I can think of for the time being, I’m trying to convince myself is lame and that I can do better, is the three lumps of snow in my driveway previously known as “Corvette” “Chrysler” and “Jag”

orionid
    Participant

Oooohhh….. I wonder how effective subliminals can be through farktography….. Swiss Miss may love me for some free subtle advertising….

olavf
    Participant

FWIW we’ve had an heat wave this week. started raining yesterday, but have been having highs in the upper 60’s… time to get creative

wrayvynn
    Participant

Not a screen capture >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/45778684@N00/3220896397/

Also… not one i intend to use for this theme, but i did take lots of shots while it was that cold…

millera9
    Participant

This is my inspiration for this theme:

Ice mask, C.T. Madigan, between 1911-1914 / photograph by Frank Hurley

orionid
    Participant

GAH!

Old ancient photo wins

bucky_bacon
    Participant

… the three lumps of snow in my driveway previously known as “Corvette” “Chrysler” and “Jag”

A Vette and a Jag in the driveway under the snow? No garage? Or is that where you keep the Maserati and the Bentley?

orionid
    Participant

… the three lumps of snow in my driveway previously known as “Corvette” “Chrysler” and “Jag”

A Vette and a Jag in the driveway under the snow? No garage? Or is that where you keep the Maserati and the Bentley?

I wish. The vette was in the garage. Then the water pump in the chysler decided to fail. And the wonderful engineers that be at chrysler decided that under the timing cover woud be a lovely place to put the water pump. So I had to pull the engine, and the garage is not big enough for both the vette and the engine stand with engine on it. It’s okay, I pretty much sealed the vette and jag with tyvek because I knew this would end up happening.

/wants a maserati
    //doesn’t want to be like Joe Walsh in a maserati.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘02-04-09 – That’s Cold’ is closed to new replies.