02-06-08 – Hot vs. Cold

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-06-08 – Hot vs. Cold

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hot vs. Cold: A Thermodynamic Meltdown!

jpatten
    Participant

Hmmmmm Time to get the Creative juices flowing….. (thanks to a low melting temp)

Jakevol2
    Participant

What exactly are the parameters for this theme?

jpatten
    Participant

There don’t appear to be many

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, this was kind of a lark from millera9 that people latched onto. I saw it in a similar vein to Apples vs. Oranges: The final showdown!

Uranus
    Participant

goody…no limits! purplepumpkin and I had some ideas which we’ll test on the weekend. might even break the 30th place in the results for a change, if farkers have any sense of humour….

millera9
    Participant

kmmontandon should have final say about the limits (if there are any) since it was originally his theme. When I suggested the “vs.” thing I was definitely thinking of the “Barbie & Ken” and “Apples vs. Oranges” contests. This is going to be a fun week!

corsec67
    Participant

Good, I was going to do “Fire and Snow” for this theme…

soosh
    Participant

do both elements have to appear in each image?

millera9
    Participant

We allowed shots of just one fruit or the other for the Apples vs. oranges contest, so I would assume the rules will be enforced the same way this time around. Thoughts, anyone?

staplermofo
    Participant

I was really looking forward to the “vs” aspect of it…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

For the Apples vs Oranges theme, most photos showed both, and most of the ones that only showed one suggested either a victory or loss attributable to the other side in some way. I think photos that incorporate both (and hence hit on the ‘vs’ aspect as ‘mofo mentions) will do more to capture the theme, but it’s pretty wide open as to interpretation…

staplermofo
    Participant

Like, would a kid crying while holding a melted ice cream cone fit?

corsec67
    Participant

Like, would a kid crying while holding a melted ice cream cone fit?

Unless the kid is wearing a thick coat, the air on that (assumedely summer day) melted the cone…

XenPix
    Participant

Ah crap, I thought this week was pointy. Poop. Fast thinking coming up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘02-06-08 – Hot vs. Cold’ is closed to new replies.