02-06-08 – Hot vs. Cold

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-06-08 – Hot vs. Cold

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

We need excuses for that now???

Oh I would like to put in a complaint about katerbug72’s 5:28:40 entry due to the huge border around it!

/Kan’t spell or grammar properly so have become border nazi instead 😛

😛

Killerclaw
    Participant

i don’t have ANYTHING for this week 🙁
    I tried a few things but none of them worked…. Plus looks like everyone else did the same idea I had… burning ice of some kind

Yes, but only mine looks accidentally like a penis.

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

You keep saying “accidentally”…. uhhh huh…. suuuuuuuuure… 😀 You know you have a penis shaped ice-cube tray in your freezer.. lol

I wonder what temperature Gas freezes at… it would be pretty bad ass to make a gas-cube and burn that puppy. 😀

I too, had nothing for this contest… it DID snow about 10 inches where I”m at, but I didn’t feel like going outside in the blowing snow. Then again, I pretty much got nuthin for ALL the contests.. hehe…
    /no skill

boringolddoug
    Participant

I love Blackfade‘s pic, but suspect that it’s ‘shopped…..anyone else?

I’ve never seen water droplets (or any other liquid) flatten vertically like that in a natural setting.

I don’t see what you mean. Where are the droplets flattened vertically?

Do you mean to the right of the stem?

It looks to me like a frozen pepper in ice chips in humid air. Moisture condenses on pepper, some freezes frost-like, some begins to flow and freezes – possibly in layers. A lot like stopping too many times with groceries in the trunk then carrying now frozen produce into the kitchen where you can be singed by the reaction of a spouse who told you specifically to get the produce last.

Or am I missing something?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It was a different picture. The frozen pepper one is nice.

boringolddoug
    Participant

AH. What I get for tuning in late.

Uranus
    Participant

hmmm. my shots are coming in in a slightly different order than I anticipated…

on the other hand, for once I’m mixing it with one of sclark5150‘s pics, and even one from soosh. I count myself well pleased this week. 😀

millera9
    Participant

Hm… I’m beginning to feel that my sense of what’s worth posting is not what it once was. Either that, or you people get better every week!

/It’s probably that second one…
    //Congrats Elsinore!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks, Miller, but to be absolutely honest, I’d have to say this would be the win I’m least proud of. I’m at a loss as to why Frozen Serrano got so many votes; the quality just wasn’t as good as many others. No bullshit, I’m serious. I voted for a lot of the entries (I vote for a lot of entries most weeks, but still), because you guys did some seriously cool stuff with fire and ice and captured some real beauty.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I really thought that the Flaming ice penis would do better. I’m one vote short of the top ten vote getter recently =)

boringolddoug
    Participant

Well, I couldn’t get to this in time to enter, but I still wanted to play. If anyone wants to se what I came up with, they’re on my Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/dughugs

Uranus
    Participant

Thanks, Miller, but to be absolutely honest, I’d have to say this would be the win I’m least proud of. I’m at a loss as to why Frozen Serrano got so many votes; the quality just wasn’t as good as many others. No bullshit, I’m serious.

nah…you had something there that struck a chord. No-one who votes (apart from us) looks for anything more than an eye-catching composition coupled with a good idea. That dangling serrano did just that, and i was pleased to be able to vote for it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I really thought that the Flaming ice penis would do better. I’m one vote short of the top ten vote getter recently =)

hehe I voted for Flaming Ice Penis

nah…you had something there that struck a chord. No-one who votes (apart from us) looks for anything more than an eye-catching composition coupled with a good idea. That dangling serrano did just that, and i was pleased to be able to vote for it.

Well thank you, though I also voted for your red chiles on the ice cream. Love that red!

Well, I couldn’t get to this in time to enter, but I still wanted to play. If anyone wants to se what I came up with, they’re on my Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/dughugs

That’s a shame you didn’t get in this week–that’s some wild stuff!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘02-06-08 – Hot vs. Cold’ is closed to new replies.