02-13-08 – I See Your Point

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-13-08 – I See Your Point

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Pointy things. Let me show you them. Difficulty: SFW.

kmmontandon
    Participant

Shouldn’t there be a “Difficulty: SFW” note appended?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, the SFW inline should always be assumed since we have to follow Fark’s commenting rules first and foremost. You can link to a NSFW as long as it’s labelled as such and still be within Fark’s and Farktography’s rules. This was U-Man‘s baby, though, so I’ll let him make the call on whether or not he’d rather have a blanket SFW difficulty.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah, I s’pose we should add something like, “As always, must be safe for work” or for a little less authoritarian, “Try to keep it clean, people”.

/hard to type that
    //don’t mind seeing certain types of points

jpatten
    Participant

I am hoping to do better in this one. I went out and bought some colored lightbulbs to stick in a couple of old lamps we have and try to setup some interesting shots while I was feeling creative.
    I need to get beyond just point and shoot, even if I play with camera settings 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s the spirit 🙂

jpatten
    Participant

thanks… I only took about 5 this evening, but I think they turned out interesting.. I need to pick the best to showcase in the contest and find something else interesting to shoot.

U-Man
    Participant

I am hoping to do better in this one. I went out and bought some colored lightbulbs to stick in a couple of old lamps we have and try to setup some interesting shots while I was feeling creative.
    I need to get beyond just point and shoot, even if I play with camera settings 🙂

Go to it JP! Shoot 50! Shoot a bunch. Shoot from stupid angles. Shoot from up close and far away. Shoot so that pesky glare is out of the way. Shoot so that pesky glare becomes part of the photo. One of the things that I love about digital is the freedom to take a bunch of pics. One or two always turn out better than the rest – and it’s not always the ones that I expected.

jpatten
    Participant

Yah I know and Id shoot more, but babies keep waking up…
    I just tried a few shots that turned out no where NEAR what I thought I could to.

I tried to get pictures of a needle point through a 200x microscope by snuggling the camera right up to wher the eyepiece of the microscope would go.. through the viewfinder it wasnt too bad…. but the picture didnt come out like I wanted…. will have to try later playing with settings manually…. force a faster shutter maybe

lokisbong
    Participant

Go to it JP! Shoot 50! Shoot a bunch. Shoot from stupid angles. Shoot from up close and far away. Shoot so that pesky glare is out of the way. Shoot so that pesky glare becomes part of the photo. One of the things that I love about digital is the freedom to take a bunch of pics. One or two always turn out better than the rest – and it’s not always the ones that I expected.

thats the thing i have been trying to do.gotta love digital. shot 70 something pics for this one .I only like one pic so far.gonna keep trying for the perfect shot

corsec67
    Participant

My interpretation of this theme is “Your knives, show them to me”

jpatten
    Participant

I’ve been trying to hone my skills

nutkick_42
    Participant

It’s just not fair to post this when my knife collection is 3 hours away at my parents’ house (no room in my tiny college apartment). I have several truly beautiful – potentially deadly – pieces I’m not going to be able to show off. My favorite amongst them being my Gil Hibben Warbird dagger.

I suppose I’ll have to settle for a shot of the much smaller (but still quite large) knife/sword/spear collection my roomie and I keep scattered about for break-in/zombie defense…

dgough
    Participant

I’ve been trying to hone my skills

I’m sure if you stick to it your photos will be a cut above. Although if they’re too good others might shoot daggers at ya.

/ducking

jpatten
    Participant

Pretty sharp observation there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘02-13-08 – I See Your Point’ is closed to new replies.