02-13-08 – I See Your Point

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-13-08 – I See Your Point

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

fella, when i look at mine, i reckon I’m in just to keep my participation going ( and for the sympathy vote)

Nice jorb everyone!

Sometimes it is like that for me too. My philosophy is that if I enter 3 in every contest, I will slowly get better. So far that is working out, but it does mean that I have problems coming up with ideas.

Since there isn’t a reward for winning a contest, the best thing to get out of the contests is feedback. Look at the pictures that won, and try to see why.

NOt that my feedback means a whole lot… being that I’m a n00b and all, but I will say I really like either the idea, or the actual shot 9 out of 10 times with you. I’m not yet a master of picking apart a picture… looking for suble shadowing that isn’t right… bad lighting…. over/under exposure, etc… but I know a LITTLE bit to beable to evaluate, and you seem to do above to well above average work.

You are always among my favs…. for creativity, image quality, flexibility, and simply being interesting.

/end butt kiss.

schnee
    Participant

Since there isn’t a reward for winning a contest…

Heresy! Winners are immortalized at the FSM! Fame, a prize beyond riches.

corsec67
    Participant

I’ve contemplated this many times, but this contest seals it for me…UMan…I’m coming to steal your children. 🙂

Awesome images this week everyone!

But then you would have to take care of them. Much better would be to live near-by so that you can “borrow” them when needed.

It does show that having a person be the subject of a picture helps a lot. Now if I just knew some cheap models…

corsec67
    Participant

Since there isn’t a reward for winning a contest…

Ah, right. That is indeed very useful, and I do refer to that quite often, so thanks for setting that up.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It does show that having a person be the subject of a picture helps a lot. Now if I just knew some cheap models…

Especially if said subject is a baby or kid. Pets don’t usually hurt either 😉

hehe so true. And the FSM is seriously, ridiculously awesome. Thanks as always for keeping that going!

soosh
    Participant

hehe so true. And the FSM is seriously, ridiculously awesome. Thanks as always for keeping that going![/quote]

Indeed!

Damn, I had a couple of good ones for this contest but yesterday hit me like a train and didn’t let up until way early this morning.

Did get a picture on the front page of the paper Sunday morning:

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Whoa, nice. You’re tearin’ things up lately, soosh!

U-Man
    Participant

I’ve contemplated this many times, but this contest seals it for me…UMan…I’m coming to steal your children. 🙂

I’m pretty sure that the whole stealing of children thing is a compliment. So, thank you. Right?……okay. Good.

However, corsec67 has the right idea. The little one pictured can melt my heart or make it explode. It would be much more efficient to just borrow some props from a neighbor then give ’em back when the diaper is full.

/Being a dad is the hardest, most fulfilling thing that I have ever attempted. Wouldn’t change it if I could.

U-Man
    Participant

hehe so true. And the FSM is seriously, ridiculously awesome. Thanks as always for keeping that going!

Seriously. It is ridiculously awesome. Thanks schnee.

Soosh, if that pic were posted as an unknown, “which farker took this?” question, there is a good chance I would have guessed you.

Night.
    Dramatic lighting.
    Nice composition.

….says ALASKA on the side of the roof.

I’m pretty sure that the whole stealing of children thing is a compliment. So, thank you. Right?……okay. Good.

However, corsec67 has the right idea. The little one pictured can melt my heart or make it explode. It would be much more efficient to just borrow some props from a neighbor then give ’em back when the diaper is full.

/Being a dad is the hardest, most fulfilling thing that I have ever attempted. Wouldn’t change it if I could.

Certainly is meant as a compliment. 🙂

See what happens though when your own children grow up? My son is 23 and daughter 21, and I even have a granddaughter. She is just not here enough.

/Being a mom is the hardest job, and certainly is fulfilling when your children start to go off and make their own way in life. 😀

staplermofo
    Participant

Holy crap, congrats again soosh. That’s great (that you made the cover, not that stuff burned down).

schnee
    Participant

Holy crap, congrats again soosh. That’s great (that you made the cover, not that stuff burned down).

That is pretty cool soosh, but I think mofo is onto something here. Did you light the fire to set up the shot? I’m pretty sure that’s against the rules.

lokisbong
    Participant

man what bad luck! the one week i have close to a hundred pics that fit the theme and my internet goes down for a week straight until ten minutes ago. damn charter cable.damn them all.

soosh
    Participant

That is pretty cool soosh, but I think mofo is onto something here. Did you light the fire to set up the shot? I’m pretty sure that’s against the rules.

Ha, no, I’m no firebug. I mean, come on, I would have at least set it in time for the fire vs. ice contest.

I’m really glad I hadn’t followed through with my earlier plans, which would have put me on the other side of the fire, where I wouldn’t have been able to get home until 6am or so. As it was, I was stuck without being able to go out from town to get any good night shots. Ah the joys of living in a place with only one main road running between the ocean and the mountains.

corsec67
    Participant

Ha, no, I’m no firebug. I mean, come on, I would have at least set it in time for the fire vs. ice contest.

I’m really glad I hadn’t followed through with my earlier plans, which would have put me on the other side of the fire, where I wouldn’t have been able to get home until 6am or so. As it was, I was stuck without being able to go out from town to get any good night shots. Ah the joys of living in a place with only one main road running between the ocean and the mountains.

Congratulations on that newspaper photo. Not having redundancy in a road system is definitely a bad thing when bad things happen.

I’m definitely a firebug. Here is my dad:
    flickr page

I don’t think there is a farktography rule against burning breaking a law to pose a picture, just that it would be evidence, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘02-13-08 – I See Your Point’ is closed to new replies.