02-17-10 – Farktography Classic: Reflections 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-17-10 – Farktography Classic: Reflections 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us reflections. In water, windows, mirrors, whatever.

This classic theme was suggested by supergurl–thanks!

**Note: The HDR theme was pushed back to April to give more time to learn HDR techniques and software. Sorry for any confusion!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

There’s been a suggestion that we move the HDR theme back a few weeks to allow people time to learn how to use the technique and software. Is there any general objection to flip flopping this theme with a different one?

Also, if we do switch things around, due to the way the board software is set up, I’ll have to edit this one to the new theme and vice versa, so this thread will be attached to the new theme (and vice versa). I might be able to split off some of the HDR posts here to the new one…I’ll have to play with the post splitting options.

lokisbong
    Participant

As I said in the other thread I would have no problem with that. The weather sucks right now and I want to shoot some outdoors stuff for this.

linguine
    Participant

I’d be fine with a switch.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm there was a suggestion for a Reflections 2 theme recently. What if we did that for this week and put HDR the first week of April? That would maintain the roughly 6 week rotation for classic themes.

lokisbong
    Participant

Hmm there was a suggestion for a Reflections 2 theme recently. What if we did that for this week and put HDR the first week of April? That would maintain the roughly 6 week rotation for classic themes.

I’m cool with that.

olavf
    Participant

Reflections 2 for this one, and HDR in April would work for me. It’d give me some time to figure this stuff out too
    /I did something different for the last HDR-permissive contest

U-Man
    Participant

Totally fine with me.

For you HDR n00bs, the easiest program I have found is Photomatix. I certainly haven’t done an exhaustive search, but I like it. It can do artoon-y HDR or pretty realistic. Downside –> it costs $100.

mopsy
    Participant

Show us reflections. In water, windows, mirrors, whatever.

This classic theme was suggested by supergurl–thanks!

**Note: The HDR theme was pushed back to April to give more time to learn HDR techniques and software. Sorry for any confusion!

Wow! I thought my age of memory loss had cranked up a notch. Glad to know it was just a change in timing. Actually, I’m all for it being a little later as I wanted to get some new HDR “stuff.” U-Man’s suggestion of Photomatix’s HDR program is fantastic. If an old lady can handle it, so can all you n00bs and/or anyone else not satisified with their present program.

Kestrana
    Participant

In the original version of this theme, is only the reflection to be in the picture or can the source of the reflection also be in the it?

olavf
    Participant

good point, Kestrana. I’d assumed the latter (hopefully) :/

Kestrana
    Participant

I suppose if I wasn’t lazy I could go to the FSM page and look at it…

😳

olavf
    Participant

True, but does that even mean it’s the same this time? I dunno.
    /there’s no difficulty in the description ;D

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I suppose if I wasn’t lazy I could go to the FSM page and look at it…

😳

I found two reflections contests in the FSM. One from October 2005 called Reflections and one from May 2008 called A Moment of Reflection. The 2005 contest was unrestricted and the 2008 contest required that the subject only appear in the reflection.

linguine
    Participant

In the discussion in the themes section we were allowing the source of the reflection to be in the picture. http://farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=910&start=15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘02-17-10 – Farktography Classic: Reflections 2’ is closed to new replies.