03-24-10 – Pan Fried

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-24-10 – Pan Fried

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Tried to restore it, but the image is still not loading from your host, so I can’t. I’ll try to check back later and see if it’s loading again.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Tried to restore it, but the image is still not loading from your host, so I can’t. I’ll try to check back later and see if it’s loading again.

Thanks. Is there anything I can do to help? I used imageshack, by the way (dunno if that helps).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry I’m just now getting back to this. The photos have been restored along with a couple other folks who had theirs drop into the ether. No clue why they dropped, but one was 147k. Technically the Fark file size limit is 200k, but the limit’s kinda fuzzy, and photos between 150k-180k are more likely to hang (and subsequently drop into the ether) than photos under that. I’m not sure there’s much you or we could do when something hangs like that. It’s possible Imageshack (or whatever image host) is experiencing issues with specific servers, so possibly an email into their support system when you notice one or more of your photos aren’t loading. I will say that anecdotally, Imageshack images seem to get dropped more often than Flickr images, but I haven’t done any hard number comparisons. Just about all image servers have had issues at one time or another, though.

lokisbong
    Participant

I have had much better luck with Flickr than I did with ImageShack. I have had some problems but I think most of those have been because of the fuzzy limit thing. this week was a hell of a challenge and I really like the variety of pictures this week.

QueenBee
    Participant

I use tinyurl.com I havent had any problems with it yet.

/edit uhh I meant tinypic.com not tinyurl

LeicaLens
    Participant

Sorry I’m just now getting back to this. The photos have been restored along with a couple other folks who had theirs drop into the ether. No clue why they dropped, but one was 147k. Technically the Fark file size limit is 200k, but the limit’s kinda fuzzy, and photos between 150k-180k are more likely to hang (and subsequently drop into the ether) than photos under that. I’m not sure there’s much you or we could do when something hangs like that. It’s possible Imageshack (or whatever image host) is experiencing issues with specific servers, so possibly an email into their support system when you notice one or more of your photos aren’t loading. I will say that anecdotally, Imageshack images seem to get dropped more often than Flickr images, but I haven’t done any hard number comparisons. Just about all image servers have had issues at one time or another, though.

Thanks anyway. It’s back up, not that it makes much difference for votes…this has been one of my worst competitions ever 😥

justkat
    Participant

This technique and I don’t get along. And when I say that I don’t mean that it likes chocolate and I prefer orange. I mean that we loathe each other with every fiber of our beings. We can’t be in the same room together. Civility is not an option. Hide the knives and won’t somebody think of the children.

In other words, my voting numbers surprise me not at all.

lokisbong
    Participant

This technique and I don’t get along. And when I say that I don’t mean that it likes chocolate and I prefer orange. I mean that we loathe each other with every fiber of our beings. We can’t be in the same room together. Civility is not an option. Hide the knives and won’t somebody think of the children.

In other words, my voting numbers surprise me not at all.

lol.It is pretty hard. My best shot was the one where i wasn’t really trying for the panning effect because I was still learning how to work the new at the time dslr camera.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, truth be told, I”m not sad to see this theme go. I’ve enjoyed seeing what you guys came up with, though!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Bozboz this week!

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘03-24-10 – Pan Fried’ is closed to new replies.