03-24-10 – Pan Fried

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-24-10 – Pan Fried

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Just got it. Awesome, thanks!

U-Man
    Participant

Cool. You are welcome.

olavf
    Participant

Awesome, and yeah. QR is fast, he was third favorite going into the breeders cup, but he was so geared up to race that day, they couldn’t get him into the chute. So the judges tried blind-bagging him, at which point he freaked out, damn near crush a judge between himself and part of the chute, and cut himself pretty badly in the process. Enough such that he’s out of racing until next season.

Ow. That hurts (on so many levels). At least with the trotters they have a running gate, which makes it easier on them.

The other thing that makes it cool is that it’s kid-friendly. They can’t hang out in the parlor so much, but we can bring them in and take them down on track-level.

/thought I had some pics but I can’t find them at the moment 😛

olavf
    Participant
    U-Man wrote:
    Oh, that pic will fit some theme. Actually, I was thinking of introducing some sort of blur theme. I ran across a guy’s Flickr account who likes blurred images. There was some good stuff. I plan on playing with it more. I think panning is part of what is in my head, but the idea hasn’t crystallized yet.

That sounds like it has some serious fun potential.

orionid
    Participant

Enough such that he’s out of racing until next season.

Figures. I spoke too soon. Got his from my buddy’s facebook this morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxfpmHO2_Hc. Zenyatta and Rachel Alexandria had better watch out, the boys are back.

ravnostic
    Participant

U-man; I agree with the others; those are very nice shots.

kashari
    Participant

Perhaps I shouldn’t show a pic before a theme – but check this one out.

http://www.ullepics.com/v/Rural/Flight_2668.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=3

I guess I was panning along with the first guy’s head and the rest of the world was flailing around. That’s a 1/4 sec exposure.

U-Man, that picture is beautiful beyond words, I love it! I really like the other two also, but that one really grabbed me.

ravnostic
    Participant

Turns out this theme is harder than I thought! Shot at least 500 pics yesterday, of those, only one came out the way I wanted it to! AND to make matters worse, it would be a perfect shot for people on the streets, but I can’t use it for both! Off to tech talk for suggestions on improvements.

U-Man
    Participant

I agree with ravnostic. This is harder than it looks.

Kestrana
    Participant

I agree with you both, I have only 1 picture that really fits the specifics and probably no time to go take more at this point.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Yea, I only have shots of my pug running and my grandson chasing him.

Hoped for more but at this point I don’t see it happening.

lokisbong
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as all the people saying this is hard. I currently have 2 pictures that fit the theme and I’m not sure either will get any votes at all.

staplermofo
    Participant

Is panning limited to a pivoting camera (more specifically, is running parallel okay)?

linguine
    Participant

Is panning limited to a pivoting camera (more specifically, is running parallel okay)?

Wikipedia says panning can be rotation or horizontal movement of the camera.

SilverStag
    Participant

I deliberately left the description vague to (I hoped) encourage more kinds of experimentation- I’m glad to see this discussion 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘03-24-10 – Pan Fried’ is closed to new replies.