03-31-10 – Pure Bad Ass

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-31-10 – Pure Bad Ass

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    clouddancer
    Participant

Does anyone else noting the link for Farktography getting moved “earlier” in the night on 03/31 instead of staying on 04/01 where it normally would be?

Wish I had something meaningful to add, but I’m all out of bad-ass-ery on my end. Nothing in my life, or any of my possessions, much less anywhere I’ve been since I got my camera, screams “bad ass” so I’m just enjoying your pictures instead. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

mopsy: there were some other reports of Explorer having issues with Fark. Not sure whether or not it’s been resolved. And yeah, clouddancer, I saw that too.

U-Man
    Participant

How strange! I could not get the contest to open using Internet Explorer but it opened when I used Mozilla Firefox. BUT then I had to enter my user name and password to vote. This has never happened before. I’m beginning to think computers have minds of their own!

I keep telling you Firefox is better. 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

Oh, orionid and SilverStag, if/when my kid’s dragon get’s beat out for 1st place, the guys in front will be truly bad-ass.

Ever since my cousin left a foot in Afghanistan, the whole military/national security/pay-for-our-freedom thing has become more real to me. I may have questions about what the top brass are doing, but I support the soldiers.

And your portraits are pretty good, too. 🙂

olavf
    Participant

mopsy: there were some other reports of Explorer having issues with Fark. Not sure whether or not it’s been resolved. And yeah, clouddancer, I saw that too.

I’m pretty sure it’s because it didn’t fit in with the anacrostic.
    /zuul

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yes, this^^^

thepostess
    Participant

I am internet-less at home, can someone post pics for me this week? Please and thank you.

2010 Chevy Camaro 420 HP Motor–pure bad ass. 🙂

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3834542955/in/set-72157622078890704/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3834552263/in/set-72157622078890704/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3834556015/in/set-72157622078890704/

I can post them for you.

Thank you very much.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

😳 Using brain before posting FAIL. I have a high tolerance for “gross” stuff. I understand how that image would upset some folks, especially the younger ones. Yikes, instead of badass, I went dumbass. Sorry about that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No biggie. I figured it wasn’t an intentional gross-out. Go and sin no more.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Go and sin no more.

Well that’s a tall order, but I’ll try to be good. If it’s not too much trouble, could you restore the macaque pic 2010-04-01 12:13:13 PM?

olavf
    Participant

I was told I couldn’t post pictures of macaque :/

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Zero Exponent: got it

Congrats to baka-san this week!

orionid
    Participant

orionid why the security for the canal transit? i’ve been through there twice in an AKA and a CLG. but that was 61-62 and we didn’t have any security at all.

on the first transit in the AKA we stopped in Gutan Lake, filled the mike boats and swan in them since our captain wouldn’t let us swim in the lake itself.

Long story short, because we have a reactor. The navy figures anything nuclear would be a high profile target for various badguys, and thus takes appropriate precautions.

And congrats, Baka-San, good pull there at the end!

Curious
    Participant

thanks orionid it doesn’t make sense to me but a lot of what i saw/did in the navy didn’t either.

on our first transit i was the lowest/newest guy in the navigation department and got after steering as my special sea detail. on my second transit the chief said i would have after steering for my special sea detail since “i’d seen the canal before”. two tips, 16-20 hours total and i’ve been topside for maybe two of those. not too impressive for a QM 🙂

olavf
    Participant
    orionid wrote:

orionid why the security for the canal transit? i’ve been through there twice in an AKA and a CLG. but that was 61-62 and we didn’t have any security at all.

on the first transit in the AKA we stopped in Gutan Lake, filled the mike boats and swan in them since our captain wouldn’t let us swim in the lake itself.

Long story short, because we have a reactor. The navy figures anything nuclear would be a high profile target for various badguys, and thus takes appropriate precautions.

Pre-Carter the Canal was also US territory. I’d suspect that that change has something to do with it.

Also, meant to post this pic in the thread (non-votey) – My dad took a shot of the last Vigilante to leave the USS Enterprise in ’78

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • The topic ‘03-31-10 – Pure Bad Ass’ is closed to new replies.