04-07-10 – Farktography Classic: HDR 3

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-07-10 – Farktography Classic: HDR 3

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Sure I’ll do that, thanks for the head’s up since the image is in my cache

Edit: reposted, thank you

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good deal! n/p!

justkat
    Participant

Huh I thought my pix would be doing better. But then… voting has been so low lately. If you look at the numbers on the Top Ten Vote Getters recently, U-Man is down like 200 votes from his usual. And 10th place had to be above 400 not so long ago, whereas when the contest started 10th was like 339 or something.

I’m rationalizing real purty, ain’t I?

U-Man
    Participant

Cool barn shot, btw.

Shakes fist @ U-Man and his friggin rainbow shot!!! That’s a crazy cool shot!

Thanks and thanks. I think the USS Wisconsin photo is my fav this week.

But then… voting has been so low lately.

I agree. At first I thought it was due to some ‘specialized’ themes which produced generally less-popular pics. But I don’t know if that is accurate…

Maybe we need to break out a farktography stimulus package and re-do “Cats”.

Or maybe we need to take 50% of the votes from the to 20 or 30 vote-getters and give them to everybody else. Even people who have never submitted a photo. 😛

lokisbong
    Participant

Well that would get me a few votes maybe. I was starting to think I wouldn’t get even 1 vote this week. other than my own when I vote later . Not that mine were even close to being up with everybody else this week. It seems to me that all the most striking HDR photos are cityscapes and the town I live in is not real colorful at night nor is there much graffiti which seems to be a good subject for this.

Kestrana
    Participant

I hate when people post “There’s too many good pictures so I’m not voting.” Vote for all of them silly people!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I often post something to that effect when people post that..something along the lines of, “You realize you can actually vote for every single photo if you so chose?”, but I’m not sure it ever does any good. I think they leave the thread and don’t come back, unfortunately. Don’t think I’ve ever had any of them actually respond to that when I’ve posted it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

My god, you people are good. I’ve worn out my finger voting for you. Well done, everyone! Some of the later entries really brought their “A” Game, particularly Bowen-Photo and I loved Mopsy‘s garden shed!

mopsy
    Participant

My god, you people are good. I’ve worn out my finger voting for you. Well done, everyone! Some of the later entries really brought their “A” Game, particularly Bowen-Photo and I loved Mopsy‘s garden shed!

Thanks. After I posted mine and looked through the thread and saw all the beautiful skylines and fantastic buildings, I thought my poor garden shed did not have a chance. So thanks to all those who have voted for it. BTW, I think I just voted for more pics than in any other theme.

justkat
    Participant

I hate when people post “There’s too many good pictures so I’m not voting.” Vote for all of them silly people!

Yeah – vote! We need validation!!! 😛

Mopsy – I like your shed too, and will be voting for it on Saturday. 😉

orionid
    Participant

This!

Or maybe we need to take 50% of the votes from the to 20 or 30 vote-getters and give them to everybody else. Even people who have never submitted a photo.

*runs off incoherently muttering something about Jefferson and grave rolls*

mopsy
    Participant

I just went through the thread again and am pondering as to why some pics just don’t get the votes. In past weeks, I fell into the lower vote getters. Like justkat’s man picking through the trash. Why did her mountains get more votes than that man? I like him. Why so few votes? On a weekly basis I like most of the top tens, but will never understand why some at the lower half do not get more votes. Maybe it’s just that people get tired of voting. By the way, Big Deal, I really like your boat pics.

justkat
    Participant

Mopsy – *blush* thank you for your compliment. My own 2 cents on my pix… I expected the mountains to do best; the larger version is pretty nifty. But I expected the man going through the trash to have a good deal of appeal to the voters — though obviously I don’t know what they want lol — based on how some similar pictures (by other people) have done in the past. *shrug* I dunno. All I know is that I want to at the very least maintain (better yet, improve) my all-time average votes/entry… and I’m just barely going to make it this week … if I do at all.

Also — and there’s no reason you should have been tracking this — the trash guy was doing the worst by far, but has now passed my pic of the capitol. Weird. I mean, not weird that it’s getting votes lol; weird that it came from so far behind.

Voters… can’t live with ’em, can’t kill ’em or we’d get no votes. 😛

nobigdeal
    Participant

Thanks Mopsy! I Like Kats garbage picker too, and your shed shot is perfect for HDR! It’s funny, I was just going to use archive shots this week, but on Wed I decided to take a ride out to the town I grew up in to see if I could get a shot or 2. The shot came out pretty good considering it wasn’t exactly ideal HDR conditions. (Noon & bright sun)

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I’m really enjoying this one, despite my general disinterest in HDR. It helps that I’m doing better than expected, sure. But so many nice and possibly unexpected entries. Plus this type of contest pulls in the non-regulars (irregulars?) that have some quality talent.

And it’s already been said but I have to say it myself… Wow Mopsy! Very nice entries!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘04-07-10 – Farktography Classic: HDR 3’ is closed to new replies.