04-16-08 – Glass

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

Whee. Go ahead, Elsinore. Hurt me.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

hahaha 😆

btw, I love that crystal ball of yours.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

The process I follow for these contests is to come up with a smallish number of “finalists” which I upload to my content hosting site, then I solicit feedback from photography minded friends at work to see which they like best. I started doing that since I always have trouble picking three after getting ~8-12 cropped, resized, scanner dust cleaned, etc… This time one of my favorites didn’t make the cut, but I wanted to share it anyway. So if you’re interested, click here to see a couple of the windows D.H. Lawrence painted in the Mabel Dodge Luhan House in Taos, New Mexico. All the walls of one of the bathrooms are filled with pains of glass that he painted. It’s impressive anytime, but particularly stunning at night.

caradoc
    Participant

hahaha 😆

btw, I love that crystal ball of yours.

Thank you! I was going to submit both versions, but I didn’t think the composition was different enough.

The one you saw:

(click to embiggen)

The other version:

(click to embiggen)

Amazing what moving one light can do.

U-Man
    Participant

caradoc, I like the one you submitted better, too. Cool contrast between those two shots. I like.

lokisbong
    Participant

there is a whole lot of awesome in the contest tonight.I don’t stand a chance of winning this one.I will keep trying though.

FutherMucker
    Participant

U-Man: Nice placement !

wickedfish: Great capture !

sclark5150: Nice choppers !

sleeping: Super lighting !

Snug Tight: Love that vintage !

Elsinore: You haven’t lost them.. Crystal !

sleeping: Awesome wide !!

*To name a few*

Way cool theme, this is….Salut, people !!!!

lokisbong
    Participant

now I’m bummin.It says my 3/3 link is broken and deleted but I just went to my hosting thingy and it is still showing there.
    seeit works now

lokisbong
    Participant

well I guess thats eight plus votes just gone even though the picture link is still good.that really sucks.
    argh now it has even been deleted from the fsm so the votes went the way of the dodo bird didn’t they?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore: You haven’t lost them.. Crystal !

Thanks 🙂

now I’m bummin.It says my 3/3 link is broken and deleted but I just went to my hosting thingy and it is still showing there.

well I guess thats eight plus votes just gone even though the picture link is still good.that really sucks.
    argh now it has even been deleted from the fsm so the votes went the way of the dodo bird didn’t they?

Hmmm…Looks like the link was broken at some point but came back. Deleted stuff can be undeleted, though, so the entry is back now, as are the votes. The FSM continues to sweep the vote totals page over the course of the next few weeks, so it’ll pick it back up soon. Sorry that happened (I didn’t do it, promise!); that really is a nice shot. Let me know if you lose an entry like that again.

lokisbong
    Participant

Elsinore You really do Rock. thank you very much!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No problem 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘04-16-08 – Glass’ is closed to new replies.