04-21-10 – Potent Potables

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-21-10 – Potent Potables

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

JK, I just looked at it again, trying to figure out the two things. One might be making things perfectly centered. What’s the other?

btw – I like it just the way it is.
    Also, I’m rarely perfectly satisfied with my pics.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

JK, I just looked at it again, trying to figure out the two things. One might be making things perfectly centered. What’s the other?

btw – I like it just the way it is.
    Also, I’m rarely perfectly satisfied with my pics.

Word.

I never have taken a picture I’ve intended. They’re always better or worse. – Diane Arbus

It was good enough to snag my vote, Kat! Congrats to you and Olav!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

U-man, the dollhouse photo is one of my faves this week. Question about the Captain Morgan bottle: is that one of those airplane-sized mini-bottles? It looks too thin to be one of those, but surely you didn’t print out a tiny label and glue it onto a tiny bottle … or did you?

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah. It is one of those mini airplane bottles.

Considering my history it’s a bit ironic how well I’m doing this week. 🙂

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Vice_3724-a.jpg

lokisbong
    Participant

I seem to have failed again. I wonder why?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to U-Man this week!

justkat
    Participant

U-Man – Amusingly one of the defects is hidden by the other. 😉 If I re-take it I will move the curtains. I think the shot is centered where I want it, but the curtains aren’t evenly open. I would move them probably all the way out of frame, or wrap them on the bed-posts. However, if I had done that, defect number two would have stood out much more: spots on the glass on the left. You almost can’t see them with the curtain behind the glass, but boy would they jump out on that red background! 😛 Less important because it’s really nitpicking… I might also position the glasses slightly differently so that you could more easily read both names… I tried to do that, but as it turned out light was reflecting off olav’s name on both glasses. *facepalm*

justkat
    Participant

It was good enough to snag my vote, Kat! Congrats to you and Olav!

Thanks for the vote and the congrats. I’ve been through several kinds of hell over the last couple of years, but at the same time I’ve never been happier. 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

JK, at first, I thought that was a doorway in the background. But that wouldn’t make sense – unless the bed was in the middle of the room. Of course, it’s curtains with the window looking like the top of a door. I see the spots now but didn’t notice them before. If you do it again, try one with the curtains all the way closed, too. That might work.

/oh yeah. And I’m happy for you guys. A good marriage is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a bad one. Keep working and playing.

Thanks folks and see you next week.

justkat
    Participant

JK, at first, I thought that was a doorway in the background. But that wouldn’t make sense – unless the bed was in the middle of the room. Of course, it’s curtains with the window looking like the top of a door. I see the spots now but didn’t notice them before. If you do it again, try one with the curtains all the way closed, too. That might work.

/oh yeah. And I’m happy for you guys. A good marriage is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a bad one. Keep working and playing.

Thanks folks and see you next week.

I should shoot it both ways and see if we agree on which is better. 😉 I always learn from your perspectives.

Now for plants… it’s the easy subjects that can be the bitchiest contests….

olavf
    Participant
    justkat wrote:

I’ve been through several kinds of hell over the last couple of years, but at the same time I’ve never been happier. 🙂

And one of those is being married to me, but I’m not going to speculate on which 😉

justkat
    Participant

And one of those is being married to me, but I’m not going to speculate on which 😉

I know you’re very tired, dear, so i won’t give you a hard time about it: you’re the happy part. 😉

Kestrana
    Participant

Is it possible my OBO votes from orionid could get moved to my FSM profile at some point? Thank you 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it entered. It will probably take a day or two to propagate through the database.

Kestrana
    Participant

No problem, thank you very much!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘04-21-10 – Potent Potables’ is closed to new replies.