04-27-11 – Some Hate Broccoli…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-27-11 – Some Hate Broccoli…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

How could ANYBODY hate bacon?

Dennys just loves them some bacon

ravnostic
    Participant

Most of my family members have four legs and fur…and then there’s the dogs and the kitties.

Begeebus!!–You don’t have a tattoo of the word “Slave” arcross’t your back, do you?

//Jebeejus don’t answer that. 🙄

Kestrana
    Participant

SilverStag if you get a chance could you rule on the “best friends as family” gray area? 2 of my 3 shots for next week aren’t blood relatives and I have lots and lots to go through if I have to use David.

ennuipoet
    Participant

SilverStag if you get a chance could you rule on the “best friends as family” gray area? 2 of my 3 shots for next week aren’t blood relatives and I have lots and lots to go through if I have to use David.

I need a call on that too. I simply don’t have a single shot of my family that I took, if this were in June, different story. I would hate to use my cats in all three shots 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

I’ll go with broad definitions of family, that’s fine. There are certainly friends I have that are closer to me than my children and siblings, and I have always believed that blood does not family make.

But I’ll always believe that the best portraits tell you something about the person besides what they look like.

olavf
    Participant

Just for the record, I’m presuming we’re looking for defined, posed portraits of either single family members or groups. Not snapshots of Uncle Willie by the pool in a speedo.

Correct?

SilverStag
    Participant

Just for the record, I’m presuming we’re looking for defined, posed portraits of either single family members or groups. Not snapshots of Uncle Willie by the pool in a speedo.

Correct?

Well, candid portraits are OK, I’m not putting hard limits on lighting or poses. If a photo of Uncle Willie in a speedo says the essential things that need to be said about Uncle Willie, who am I to argue?

olavf
    Participant

Okay. I think I was just assuming ‘no candids’ because I don’t think about that when I think of portraiture. Good to know 🙂

Curious
    Participant

helped my friend pick out her three today but don’t have my own. the expansion to friends helped because two of hers have my sister who is also her friend. i have high hopes for at least one of them.

U-Man
    Participant

Jeez. Can’t we narrow this down a bit? Throw in some rules like “Family members wearing blue” or “Not smiling” or something? My head will asplode trying to select the three entries. 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

Jeez. Can’t we narrow this down a bit? Throw in some rules like “Family members wearing blue” or “Not smiling” or something? My head will asplode trying to select the three entries. 🙂

*Anything* to handicap you.

olavf
    Participant

Nancy Kerrigan? Paging Ms Kerrigan to the white courtesy phone, please.

QueenMab
    Participant

I assume “family members” is limited to humans? I’m in that pool of people whose closest “family” are my dogs and cats. 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

*Anything* to handicap you.

I’ll take that as a compliment and not a sinister plot. 🙂

I might just use pics from vacation last week…

Curious
    Participant

well i picked my three. two are going for the lutz voter demographic. we shall see if i succeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
  • The topic ‘04-27-11 – Some Hate Broccoli…’ is closed to new replies.