05-05-10 – Squares

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-05-10 – Squares

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    QueenBee
    Participant

but like linguine said, it’s fair to add small borders around your images even if the image itself doesn’t come that way.

i added one to mine and it really made a difference.

I agree it does make a big difference. All three of mine have borders.

ennuipoet
    Participant

but like linguine said, it’s fair to add small borders around your images even if the image itself doesn’t come that way.

i added one to mine and it really made a difference.

I agree it does make a big difference. All three of mine have borders.

Yup, I kept looking at it and thinking “It’s just a crop”, the borders made it a composition.

ennuipoet
    Participant

found that out the hard way when a friend gave me some 120 film. and the only local place that processed it went belly up. next closest is 30 miles away.

I’m lucky, both B&H and Adorama have in house labs so I can get film back in a couple of days. There are several other places in Manhattan that process 120 but they send it out to, guess where, B&H or Adorama. So I’ll save time and go to the source.

I’m looking forward to getting my ‘Cord. It’s an old one (1936!) so no meter, slow shutter and I am sure it will need a CLA. The thing is, I walked around with my Ikoflex last weekend and my 20D. People would stop, talk to me and happily let me shoot their pics because of the TLR. It became a conversation starter! I think having it will make doing Street Photography easier in the long run, plus several of the people who stopped me were attractive female types. 8) I’ve just got to get used to using the viewfinder all over again, High School was a LONG time ago.

olavf
    Participant

*grumble* Elsinore, can you move my pic or should I just repost it?

olavf
    Participant

Whomever got it, thanks.

mopsy
    Participant

Ranger Joe, thanks for the suggestion of the photography tour in Arizona. U-Man and I have been talking about taking a photo-op vacation this September and have not decided on where to go. We will have to add this to the list of possibilities!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

olavf: Yep, got it. Sorry I was late, had kid stuff to attend to. Now it’s tequila time.

olavf
    Participant

Thanks, and I wish =/

I’ll probably be at work for at least an half hour. And then lady_nocturne is coming by to borrow my static lights and backdrop for her school’s prom (school for misguided kids = zero budget for such frivolities) and I need to show her how to break everything down so she can set the stuff back up again.

*then*, oh, yes. There will be gin.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’ve had 3 so far. Kat told me I needed to post a lot if I get drunk. Apparently I’m entertaining 😉

QueenBee
    Participant

I”m on my 2nd glass of wine and on no food…so ya know…I’m mildly entertaining 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ha! Exxxxcellent./

justkat
    Participant

heehee

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Alas, I’m not feeling nearly as drunk as I ought to…

olavf
    Participant

oh noes!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

4 shots of tequila. Not even feeling buzzed. Tequila FAIL.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • The topic ‘05-05-10 – Squares’ is closed to new replies.