05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us your dark side: creepy houses, dark alleys, spooky places, etc. Bright sunny fields of flowers, puppies, and kittens need not apply.

Killerclaw
    Participant

AHA, I’ve been waiting for this chance

corsec67
    Participant

Now I just need to find a sign about something being “forbidden” in a dark corner of an alley, at night.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Should I throw in my last remaining creepy baby shot?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/killerclaw/dirtbike/IMG_1019.jpg

corsec67
    Participant

I am obviously not an expert in these things, but that isn’t “dark” enough to me.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I am obviously not an expert in these things, but that isn’t “dark” enough to me.

I was afraid of that.

corsec67
    Participant

Wow, I think I found a subject for at least one photograph in this contest:
    this mill site, but at night. It even has a “no trespassing” sign right there as well. Good thing the moon is almost full right now. Now I just have to make that look cool….

(I went past that on my bike ride this morning)

U-Man
    Participant

Wow, I think I found a subject for at least one photograph in this contest:
    this mill site, but at night. It even has a “no trespassing” sign right there as well. Good thing the moon is almost full right now. Now I just have to make that look cool….

(I went past that on my bike ride this morning)

Yeah. I like. That big structure at night could come out really well.

U-Man
    Participant

Who the hell suggested this theme? I am finding it to be harder than I expected to get what I want to came out of my camera. I ‘see’ the pic in me head, but it doesn’t turn out that way. It’s hard to get it dark and spooky yet have enought detail to still be a pleasing photo. Anybody else find this to be technically challanging?

Once again, Farktography is pushing me past comfortable and easy. Cool.

I have two so far that are good enough. We’ll see what happens between now and Wed.

swampa
    Participant

I agree U-Man.

I look at the pictures I took and think they are OK but part of me wants to go nuts in photoshop to try and get them to match the image I was intending (I’m not sure where the spooky filter is though :P).

corsec67
    Participant

Once again, Farktography is pushing me past comfortable and easy. Cool.

I have two so far that are good enough. We’ll see what happens between now and Wed.

Wow, I also have 2 pictures for this theme, but have an idea that might be pretty cool, or could just fail miserably in a sea of lens flare.

This theme is very hard to get good ideas for, I agree. I bet soosh is going to have some stunning pictures of Alaska for this theme.

soosh
    Participant

I’ve got a few lined up, yes.

U-Man
    Participant

I’ve got a few lined up, yes.

Are they spooky? Or just your run-of-mill stunning, gorgeous, breath-taking Alaskan midnight landscapes? 🙂

/wishes he could do night pics like you do.

soosh
    Participant

I’m thinking more Holga or medium-format for this contest.

This is one I’m considering

soosh
    Participant

sometime soon I want to use this midnight landscape, but I don’t think this is the contest for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding’ is closed to new replies.