05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, I don’t want to derail this thread, but thank you 🙂 Btw, that tree shot of yours this week is very nice. Did you shoot that with a Holga?

There are some seriously, ridiculously awesome shots all around this week…

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t want to derail this thread, but thank you 🙂 Btw, that tree shot of yours this week is very nice. Did you shoot that with a Holga?

There are some seriously, ridiculously awesome shots all around this week…

Close! It was shot with a Lomo, B&W film, in the early evning in drizzling rain. So pretty much a recipe for something dark and weird. 🙂 Some people like the way Lomo’s mess with color film, but I pretty much only use mine for black and white.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

BTW, I’m really enjoying the horse-race for top honors this week. I’ve been checking from time to time and ultraholland, U-Man, and SilverStag have been within 1-2 votes of each other each time. It pretty clear those three are the voter favorites, but the order keeps flipping around.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s awesome that you’re shooting a Lomo. I’ve been tempted to get one myself. But I don’t make use of my TLR enough, nor the 35mm film SLR as it is 😆 Those Lomos sure look fun though, and that vignetting is nice…

And yeah, those top 3 are all great. It will be interesting to see who ends up on top (or a 3 way tie? That would be cool).

On a semi-related note, I’m not sure the FSM is currently updating the results…

U-Man
    Participant

When I first saw my “Mama” pic on the computer I was, like, “Yeah. That’s creepy.” 🙂 I tried several others the next night (between bathtime and bedtime) because I didn’t like my arm crossing the blackness but they just didn’t turn out as well. My shot seems a bit “set up” though. Probably because it was. But for dark and creepy and a nice photo, I like ultraholland’s better. Very Blair Witch.

This contest brought out a different creative side for alot of the participants. The technical challange had a twist too. Lots of good stuff.

/Oh nos! We broke the FSM! 🙁

Killerclaw
    Participant

Oh great FSM have we displeased you?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hey corsec–looks like your 3/3 disappeared as a broken image. Let me know if the hosting comes back up so we can get it fixed in the thread. The other two are apparently fine, oddly enough.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmmm apparently you had 4 images up with voting. There’s a second 3/3 that’s up just fine and was posted the other night. Did you pull the original one? I’m confused now 😆

U-Man
    Participant

Hey schnee, does keeping the FSM alive and well take up much of your time? How about you, Elsinore? Is it still fun or is it sometimes more like work? I, and many others, really appreciate what you do. With life going 100 mph, I know that time is precious. Is there any way I could donate a few $ to the site?

If this is out of line or a bit over the top, just consider the offer a compliment.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The FSM is 100% schnee‘s hard work (or hobby as I’ve seen him say 😉 ). There is a donation button on the FSM’s front page for anyone interested in contributing to the cause (and I’m a fan of “paying it forward” myself). The farktography.net site is handled through someone else, and it’s covered (though the sentiment is appreciated). The Scarlet R feature of the FSM actually saves me work since it doesn’t take long to figure out if there are repeats in the thread.

For my part, it’s still fun, though it got more difficult the last few weeks with Dad’s health going downhill. But there are a lot of folks who make things happen here: the folks in the link/boobies post rotation have really helped keep things going on that side, and the mods going through the themes to throw into the hopper to keep us up to date there. I know I post a lot, but there are lots of folks sharing the load behind scenes, and that makes all the difference.

A kind word is never out of line; thank you.

lokisbong
    Participant

I know I really appreciate every thing you all do.It’s keeping my learning curve challenging.Last week just blew me away.Way better than average vote count for me. I am even doing pretty good this week.I just couldn’t find any dark and creepy places these last couple weeks.

FutherMucker
    Participant

The FSM is 100% schnee‘s hard work (or hobby as I’ve seen him say 😉 ).

The votes seem to be on the up & up….However, I notice there are a few images that are not showing up on the FSM…..Does this have something to do where we’re hosting images, or just a glitch in the FSM Matrix ?

/Curiosity

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding’ is closed to new replies.