05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Killerclaw
    Participant

blast I went out and took shots tonight but Im not pleased with them

soosh
    Participant

a few that didn’t make the cut tonight

swampa
    Participant

The ones I didn’t use for this theme (as well as the ones I did) can be found here

At least some of them can be used in upcoming themes 🙂

And nice photos as always soosh 😀

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

OK, me too! The list of finalist I chose from is here. It shows the versions of the images before I cleaned up scanner dust/scratches but I’d already cropped them at least.

tony.devlin
    Participant

Foggy cemeteries are always dark and forbidding…

tony.devlin
    Participant

tony.devlin
    Participant

Canadian Military Cemetery at Beechwood – RIP

tony.devlin
    Participant

More from my cemetery series…

[/img]

tony.devlin
    Participant

Another spine-chiller… RIP

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Those photos are definitely dark and forbidding, but HDR isn’t allowed unless otherwise specified. Dunno if all your entries were HDR, but the one was used in the HDR 2 theme, and the others look similar.

tony.devlin
    Participant

Those photos are definitely dark and forbidding, but HDR isn’t allowed unless otherwise specified. Dunno if all your entries were HDR, but the one was used in the HDR 2 theme, and the others look similar.

None of these shots are HDR. I learned only after the HDR2 contest that what I thought was the HDR process wasn’t (a side benefit, I suppose, of these ‘fun’ contests). — Probably explains why I received no votes! 🙂

So… they were admittedly misposted in the HDR2 contest, but do seem to hit all the rules and criteria for the ‘Dark and Forbidding’ Contest. I hope they can be accepted.

Cheers!
    Tony

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, if they don’t combine exposures and/or have spot treatments, they should be fine other than the one that was used before (we generally only allow repeats for the Anniversary contest)

Killerclaw
    Participant

Absolute shit week for me. I did terrible. Couldn’t get any good shots cause it was windy and the moon wasn’t right or even out much in the last week. The one good night I went out I forgot my tripod =(

Elsinore
    Keymaster

meh, with Dad passing, I knew I wasn’t going to go shooting for this week, and I knew the one shot in my archives that I figured I’d use wasn’t the greatest. It was mostly to say I participated. I loved seeing what everyone else came up with, though. This was a good theme; might have to repeat it at some point…

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

meh, with Dad passing, I knew I wasn’t going to go shooting for this week, and I knew the one shot in my archives that I figured I’d use wasn’t the greatest. It was mostly to say I participated. I loved seeing what everyone else came up with, though. This was a good theme; might have to repeat it at some point…

This is a little off topic, so I’ll keep it brief and will relocate the another thread if you prefer…

The note you posted about your father, and the photo, was an extraordinary celebration of his charm and I found it very moving. I just wanted to let you know I thought it was wonderful, even if it did make me all bleary eyed and weepy at work!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘05-21-08 – Dark and Forbidding’ is closed to new replies.