06-10-09 – Tilt-Shift Faked Miniature Scenes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-10-09 – Tilt-Shift Faked Miniature Scenes

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

Ill have to start playing in PS more now. Great theme, but too bad there is such a time difference for me, means I’m alwas late to the party! 🙂

soosh
    Participant

Ill have to start playing in PS more now. Great theme, but too bad there is such a time difference for me, means I’m alwas late to the party! 🙂

I don’t know if it would matter, but if you’re TotalFark, you can post images four hours earlier.

corsec67
    Participant

Time difference?

How about posting my entries after 9:00 AM on Thursday? I have been posting my entries during a break we have in class, so I generally post them at about 9:55AM my time(which is 55 minutes after the contest posts to Totalfark).

EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll have to stay up late and watch and see when the next contest his the main page. if it is way too late I just may have to TF it up =)

millera9
    Participant

Uhhh… I don’t want to jinx it, and it’s way too early to call, but 40+ votes after 3 hours?! bucky_bacon, you are on course to break some records this week!

EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

Time difference?

How about posting my entries after 9:00 AM on Thursday? I have been posting my entries during a break we have in class, so I generally post them at about 9:55AM my time(which is 55 minutes after the contest posts to Totalfark).

I’m in Istanbul, so there is a rather large time difference. When I woke up at 7am, there were near 100 entries already 🙂

corsec67
    Participant

I’m in Istanbul, so there is a rather large time difference. When I woke up at 7am, there were near 100 entries already 🙂

Ah, yeah. If the contest posts during your normal sleeping period that would definitely be more annoying.

soosh
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll have to stay up late and watch and see when the next contest his the main page. if it is way too late I just may have to TF it up =)

It’s always the same time every week. The contest opens for TotalFark at 8pm US Eastern time, and then hits the front page 4 hours later. So it looks like that comes out to 3am and 7am your time. Voting doesn”t open up, however, until 7am your time, and I know many people wait until the non-TFers have had a chance to post before voting. A lot of voting will also happen starting about 12 hours from now, when the East Coast office workers start filing in to work.

EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

Thank you so much for the information Soosh! That is exactly what I was looking for. I thought the voting happened as soon as it went live so I’m glad to be mistaken. This is only my third time entering, but I’m learning tons so I’m having a blast and will keep entering.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Uhhh… I don’t want to jinx it, and it’s way too early to call, but 40+ votes after 3 hours?! bucky_bacon, you are on course to break some records this week!

Well… I’m certainly in no position to speak about that this early, other than to say that I’m pretty excited at where things are at this point. But there are two days to go! All of the others that I wanted to mention last night are right up there too, and all very formidable.

Whoever comes out on top of this one is going to have a nice number, but I’ll be the first to admit that it’s a product of a great contest. I completely expected a one-hit wonder to pop up and run away with this one. There is a nice number of boobies, though!

corsec67
    Participant

There is a nice number of boobies, though!

That is always a good thing.

linguine
    Participant

I think all of the votes that we were looking for last week may have been saving up for this week.

millera9
    Participant

My set of b-sides for anyone who wants to see ’em: http://www.flickr.com/photos/millertruby/sets/72157619444741901/

Still kickin’ ass and takin’ names bucky! Already at the top of the “Greatest Entries Recently” list and 5 votes away from the “Greatest Entries EVAR” list! Go, go, go, go!

sleeping
    Participant

Interesting – apparrently people were quite interested in comparing a modified photo to the original. Usually my flickr viewing stats show a bit of a spike on Thursdays from contest viewers, but this week it’s huge, and most of them were from people clicking the link to the unmodded original version of my photo. I thought that seemed like a natural thing to add to the post, but it looks like almost no one else decided to do it.

soosh
    Participant

Interesting – apparrently people were quite interested in comparing a modified photo to the original. Usually my flickr viewing stats show a bit of a spike on Thursdays from contest viewers, but this week it’s huge, and most of them were from people clicking the link to the unmodded original version of my photo. I thought that seemed like a natural thing to add to the post, but it looks like almost no one else decided to do it.

didn’t even occur to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • The topic ‘06-10-09 – Tilt-Shift Faked Miniature Scenes’ is closed to new replies.