06-25-08 – Dinner is Served

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-25-08 – Dinner is Served

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    jpatten
    Participant

I think I have something for this one… After 2 weeks of nothing…. I will be back

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m going to try for stapler futomaki, but I don’t know if my knife skills are up to the task. I was supposed to do it over the weekend, but unexpected overtime called.

(something like this, but with better English, no puppet, a less frilly pink apron and more staplers.)

Ok that seriously kicks ass, but wouldn’t it be a comedy shot and therefore “right out” for this theme?

/lobbeths thine holy hand grenade

corsec67
    Participant

You grabbed his holy hand grenade?

My idea this week is to have a boring meal in an interesting place (back porch, in front of computer), so I will see how that works out.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol yeah that should have been “mine” not “thine”. Sorry, ‘mofo, that was really forward of me.

wrayvynn
    Participant

My initial plan was fresh caught Gulkana river grayling, stuffed and baked with onions, orange bell peppers, and small lemon wedges with boiled baby red taters on the side. BUT, I didn’t catch any fish :|. So ( is there something wrong with me?) I am making my husband take me out to dinner tonight just to fulfill this quest… We shall see…

I have all my entries for “Wind Beneath my Wings” that one falls on my birthday. Can I haz win??? 😛

staplermofo
    Participant

Ok that seriously kicks ass, but wouldn’t it be a comedy shot and therefore “right out” for this theme?

Rats, I thought the comedy line was further down the road.
    Can I use a shot including, but not focusing on, the staple they use to bind Chinese take out cartons?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Can I use a shot including, but not focusing on, the staple they use to bind Chinese take out cartons?

Sounds fine to me.

(sorry to ruin the fun, ‘mofo)

soosh
    Participant

damn, I should have paid more attention to shooting when I took a snapshot of my cthulhu pizza

staplermofo
    Participant

LOOK AT WHAT YOU SCORNED! LOOK AT IT!

You’re monsters! All of you, MONSTERS!

*runs off crying*

(note: this is a joke, and I’m deeply appreciative that rules exist and are enforced. I just wanted to post it somewhere)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

**wow** ‘mofo–I am thoroughly impressed at your futomaki skills, and I’m sure we’ll re-do Eat Me at some point or something that it would fit into. So now enlighten us…what is the stapler made of? I thought carrot at first, but I’m not sure.

soosh
    Participant

I’m thinking yam or sweet potato.

I, too, bow before your skills.

staplermofo
    Participant

*catches breath*
    It’s sweet potato.
    It’s not terribly disgusting if you use mirin instead of vinegar and can totally ignore the taste of nori.
    *goes back to running and crying*

nobigdeal
    Participant

*runs off crying*

(note: this is a joke, and I’m deeply appreciative that rules exist and are enforced. I just wanted to post it somewhere)

Nice!

Personally I don’t think that is a rule breaker.

It shows creativity and thought more than comedy.

A happy meal on a paper plate fits the rules but is not creative.

But..I’m not the rule maker.

anneb
    Participant

*runs off crying*

ZOMG, I totally love it!

[SO not worthy]

soosh
    Participant

Personally I don’t think that is a rule breaker.

It shows creativity and thought more than comedy.

A happy meal on a paper plate fits the rules but is not creative.

But..I’m not the rule maker.

I totally agree. Comedy is plastic snakes in the cereal bowl.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘06-25-08 – Dinner is Served’ is closed to new replies.