06-25-08 – Dinner is Served

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-25-08 – Dinner is Served

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

I totally agree. Comedy is plastic snakes in the cereal bowl.

You got a problem with plastic reptiles in the cereal?

http://farktography.net/index.php?module=Photoshare&func=showimages&fid=127 (#4)

nope, no problem. that’s just what I remembered from the last food contest.

Congrats on your photos tonight. Extremely well done shots.

XenPix
    Participant

Sorry I’ve not been here to answer the questions. Life got in the way, dammit.

Elsinore, it seems I posted one really similar to yours (the strawberries) but I didn’t see yours when I posted, but then it was 1am and I don’t think I actually had my eyes open. If you want to pull that, I’ll completely understand.

There’s some really awesome work in there, great job everyone. And now I’m really hungry.

jpatten
    Participant

I wish I had something better, but once again life got in the way and I couldn’t set anything up, so I crunched through my archives

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore, it seems I posted one really similar to yours (the strawberries) but I didn’t see yours when I posted, but then it was 1am and I don’t think I actually had my eyes open. If you want to pull that, I’ll completely understand.

Nah, yours is set up and shot very differently.

Killerclaw
    Participant

My kabobs saved me from a shitty week

corsec67
    Participant

And I would have been better off sticking my lens into that bowl of cereal.

staplermofo
    Participant

I had fun regardless of voting.
    My mom says I’m cool.

U-Man
    Participant

Congrats on your photos tonight. Extremely well done shots.

Thanks soosh. Although I think that I’d rather eat over at your place.

I agree with many of the comments in the thread. Those pics did make me hungry. 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

I don’t usually pay any attention to internet ass-hats but that last comment by vert0 kinda irked me.

im betting half these photos are stolen

but yeh

i work in the BIZZZ biatches

/gave it the response it deserves. i.e. nothing.
    //learned as a kid that the best way to piss off my older (and bigger) brother was to ignore him. 🙂
    ///can’t even spell “yeah” correctly.
    ////checks above for spleling errers.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmmm I just loaded that thread and don’t see that particular post at the end of it.

anymore

swampa
    Participant

I had fun regardless of voting.

I didn’t – cooking is hard! I wish comedy shots would have been ok to use, as your stapler sushi was gold (and I wanted to smash meatballs with a tennis racket :D)

My mom says I’m cool.

My mum schooled me 🙁 (ratty20 is my mum)

Annoying git that has been deleted since

Don’t worry U-Man, when they say “i work in the BIZZZ biatches”, they just mean they work at McDonalds 😛 (and we all know how accurate McDonald’s food photos are :roll:)

Killerclaw
    Participant

Trying to set up a shot is new territory for me, I’m a shoot the world as it presents it’s self kinda guy.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Trying to set up a shot is new territory for me, I’m a shoot the world as it presents it’s self kinda guy.

This week was all kinds of new for me too. I’m still figuring out my camera, the lens, got a tripod (which I’ve never used before), and played with multiple light sources. That plus buying the produce and assembling the food meant that by the time I was done shooting, the idea of eating food was revolting. 🙂 The next day I was back to normal and had a delicious breakfast. But I swear taking 100+ photos of a meal you staged would be an effective diet.

Even going through the images to find the ones I wanted to use killed me appetite!

But yeah, I had fun and learned a few things in the process. So I’m really glad we did this theme.

staplermofo
    Participant

I wish people thought my photos were stolen. Especially people in the food service industry. It’s a compliment, really. A compliment from a stupid, hateful jackass that I could totally beat up because I am macho and mature and totally have a post-pubescent beard and a stapler flail, but a compliment [strike]none[/strike] only slightly the less.

Mostly, I just dig the title “image thief”. Like, I’d go around Europe, steal images, throw em on a boat in Moldavia, chop them up in Beirut, smuggle them inside bags of raw heroin to Hong Kong and sell them in Malaysia to wealthy German expatriates.

*hums appropriate music*

staplermofo, international image thief!

*hum dance hum*

Also, HAHA, swampa‘s Mom’s on the Internet.
    I’d make a Sargent_Crash joke, but that would let everyone know I’m 10,000 years old, so I’ll just say it’s cool you guys are close in a totally corny way, then allude to personal problems with my own family in an ostentatiously vague way. I will also keep indicating my actions in a contrived manner that is bound to make me look like an idiot.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Another W in U-Man’s column–congrats!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘06-25-08 – Dinner is Served’ is closed to new replies.