06-25-08 – Dinner is Served

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-25-08 – Dinner is Served

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Maybe XenPix can weigh in on whether she sees that as comedy or not.

There was an example in one of these threads of a sausage and meatballs on a plate in a rather…phallic presentation (but the presentation offered at the restaurant) and that was seen as a comedy shot.

staplermofo
    Participant

I asked a couple people unfamiliar with me and farktography, they all agreed it was comedic in nature. I just wasn’t thinking.

corsec67
    Participant

I hope my second 2 aren’t out of theme….

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I hope my second 2 aren’t out of theme….

I think the Fark one sort of tows the line, mostly due to the caption more than the photo itself, but overall I think it’s ok. Unless a lot of other folks think it’s too funny, it can stay.

corsec67
    Participant

I think the Fark one sort of tows the line, mostly due to the caption more than the photo itself, but overall I think it’s ok. Unless a lot of other folks think it’s too funny, it can stay.

I guess I was going for a bit of sarcasm with that one. If that is too close to “funny”, then I will not argue.

It is just that almost everyone else is focussed on the food, so it is one of those “wow, am I in the right classroom?” moments.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

On the other hand, the fact that you did a more environmental shot might work in your favor since it’s something different. You just never know, eh?

Killerclaw
    Participant

Hmm. Blue Crabs are served on newpaper, not plates. Guess that rules that out?

(can I get my sushi entry deleted? It got all stretched out, I’m going to re post it)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, it’s gone.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I wasn’t sure of my first entry was over the line or not so I’ll understand if it gets deleted. A big percentage of it was eaten at the dinner, but it’s definitely on the odd side…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I wasn’t sure of my first entry was over the line or not so I’ll understand if it gets deleted. A big percentage of it was eaten at the dinner, but it’s definitely on the odd side…

I think it’s fine

anneb
    Participant

Ok, posted! Not sure where on the line I am standing, either- I wasn’t able to make anything else work that I liked as a photograph this week, though. Nothing I’d like to put up in public with my name on, at any rate. (-;

Will not be crushed if it’s pulled, or disappointed if it’s left in, either.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yay, I’m glad you’re in there this week, anneb! I think your entry’s fine.

corsec67
    Participant

Bad news for me: My host went down
    Good news for mods: Mods don’t need to fix it, I am using flickr as the host now, which allowed me to remove that title for my 3rd picture.

U-Man
    Participant

I totally agree. Comedy is plastic snakes in the cereal bowl.

You got a problem with plastic reptiles in the cereal?

http://farktography.net/index.php?module=Photoshare&func=showimages&fid=127 (#4)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Bad news for me: My host went down
    Good news for mods: Mods don’t need to fix it, I am using flickr as the host now, which allowed me to remove that title for my 3rd picture.

lol I’d just noticed you reposted and was gonna ask if you wanted me to restore the originals. Glad it’s sorted out.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘06-25-08 – Dinner is Served’ is closed to new replies.