07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those contests where if its close its good and just hope the voters like you.

Pretty much. It will be difficult drawing a clear line, particularly for casual folks who don’t frequent the forum here. I’ll try to police truly egregious ones, however, this brings me to the more important piece for me, which is….

I’m about to head out of town for a Girl Scout camping trip with 10 giggling 9-10 year olds, 100+ degree heat, and not nearly enough coffee or booze. We leave tomorrow afternoon, and won’t get back until Saturday, however, I will immediately be heading to family stuff that may run late into the night, depending on whether the burn/fireworks ban still stands or not. Soooo, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do the usual thread closing/congrats. I’ll try to squeeze it in, but can’t promise. The bigger issue is that I won’t be able to police the thread after noon tomorrow, so if there are entries needing envotinating, or issues with entries that are egregiously breaking the rules HDR, stitching, etc), then you guys will need to submit a farkback. I will also have a couple of the other mods stop by to check on the thread from time to time, but they obviously won’t be as familiar with specific Farktography rules and may not catch issues with post-processing stuff.

U-Man
    Participant

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those contests where if its close its good and just hope the voters like you.

Pretty much. It will be difficult drawing a clear line, particularly for casual folks who don’t frequent the forum here. I’ll try to police truly egregious ones, however, this brings me to the more important piece for me, which is….

I’m about to head out of town for a Girl Scout camping trip with 10 giggling 9-10 year olds, 100+ degree heat, and not nearly enough coffee or booze. We leave tomorrow afternoon, and won’t get back until Saturday, however, I will immediately be heading to family stuff that may run late into the night, depending on whether the burn/fireworks ban still stands or not. Soooo, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do the usual thread closing/congrats. I’ll try to squeeze it in, but can’t promise. The bigger issue is that I won’t be able to police the thread after noon tomorrow, so if there are entries needing envotinating, or issues with entries that are egregiously breaking the rules HDR, stitching, etc), then you guys will need to submit a farkback. I will also have a couple of the other mods stop by to check on the thread from time to time, but they obviously won’t be as familiar with specific Farktography rules and may not catch issues with post-processing stuff.

We’ll watch the store for you. Have as much fun as the heat allows.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks, U-Man 🙂

contest linky: http://www.fark.com/comments/7196749

Uranus
    Participant
    ravnostic
    Participant

That one ending in 8462 is most-excellent. I’m a bit disappointed in myself; I’ve taken shots with this theme in mind for over a year, and really don’t feel that any (save the slot canyon sandfall) really captured what this theme was about. Bees are over at G+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/107857888121727893520/posts/PDGtCUGhsAD

Barracuda
    Participant
    Barracuda
    Participant

Uranus, I’m with Rav, “..8462” is a great shot. And the rav ‘not what you think it is’ and the sandy pipe are both fantastic shots.

ravnostic
    Participant

TY, Barracuda it’s the ‘intimacy’ thing I think I’m missing, though I do like the shots in general.

thepostess
    Participant

Archives for me this week. Dear daughter had an accident earlier this week, so no time to shoot new stuff.

predle
    Participant

When I first saw this I thought that there was just nothing I could use, but I was heading up to go hiking so I figured I’d take my camera just in case. It was awesome because it made me look at the place I usual hike from a whole different perspective. I’m used to looking at the Rockies and being awed by the big picture, I didn’t know until now how incredibly beautiful the small picture is. Thanks

hunches
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm, honestly not sure they do. The second might be the closest, but that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

hunches
    Participant

Ok thanks, I wasn’t very confident about them. I’ll keep digging but may have to just go with two entries this week.

mopsy
    Participant

What I liked about this theme is that it made you see things differently. I went along with my granddaughter trout fishing in the creek behind our house. Was sitting on a log while she continued over fallen trees and took several pics that were close to my viewing spot. Would probably have missed their beauty if not for this theme.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

One b-side:

Miniscape by Exponential Photography, on Flickr

Bang-on theme-wise (at least as far as I’m interpreting it), but ineligible for entry, because to get “the look” I wanted, I used tiltshiftmaker.com. Also, I would like a bit more color or textural variety among the vegetation…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • The topic ‘07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land’ is closed to new replies.