07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Would a flat list of filenames be feasible? That way you could Ctrl-F to search against an existing file you were checking

So no thumbs, just a list of file names?

nobigdeal
    Participant

Mods, could you please zap evulc‘s comment?

Yeah. I agree. Totally uncalled for and inappropriate.

Even the quality of haters has gone down hill. He missed the fact that I’m No Big Deal also marks his pics.

On the positive side of things, it’s nice to know that some non-photographers visit the contest threads.

And finally, holy moley! This week has some awsome entries.

Aww we had a troll and I missed it?

bender16v
    Participant

Would a flat list of filenames be feasible? That way you could Ctrl-F to search against an existing file you were checking

Please keep the thumbs, my website has been down a week for “maintenance” by the host and I put my photos all over the place with names for each contest. So I scan the thumbs to make sure they match up with all the photos in my “fark” folder. Is there any way to put the names below the thumbs?
    Also I’d like to thank you for keeping track of all this, it helps me a lot.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

You’re welcome, bender16v, glad you like it.

I wasn’t looking at removing any existing thumbs, just trying to decide the best way to add the feature of listing the actual file names. The problem with adding the file names to any existing tab (like the “Sorted by Post Time” tab) is that each thumb is in a fixed width cell so long file names (like most from flickr) would get truncated (as long contest names do now).

sleeping
    Participant

That’s what I was thinking – if you added thumbs you’d probably need to split it into separate pages? One long list seemed like the best idea to me, but that’s just IMO….

Elsinore
    Keymaster

In before midnight–woo! Now it’s time to sleep. A lot. Might be afternoon before I check the thread for the final winner. Good showing this week, folks!

/and yes, Rav, I keed. It’s a lot of fun and we make lots of good memories 😉

fluffybunny
    Participant

Congrats to Baracuda (your first?) and Uranus! Excellent work all around. Stupid Real Life got in the way this week for me, hope to be back for “Carnival of Animals” next week.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Barracuda this week!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Also, re: filenames–would that be useful for anyone hosted on Flickr or other sites that change the filename once uploaded?

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks all. Yup, first win. With the quality of photos that get posted every week I thought I’d never get a top 5 let alone two in 3 week’s time. Y’all have really made me pick up my game. Now I need to really get around to getting my final shot for Carnival and then get around to getting a few more shots made for ‘Freeze Frame’, especially since that’s my theme. *eek*

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats, ‘Cuda, on your first win and also to uranus for the combined win.

Regarding the file name discussion, I decided to tackle it a couple of ways. See this post for more details.

Also, re: filenames–would that be useful for anyone hosted on Flickr or other sites that change the filename once uploaded?

If you only upload your Farktography entries, it probably wouldn’t be useful (but then you’d already know whether you’d used it before); but if you upload “everything” and want to know if you’ve previously used an entry that’s already uploaded, then the link should be the same (right?), and it might be helpful then.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ah yes, that makes sense.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • The topic ‘07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land’ is closed to new replies.