07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

completely forgot what tonight is and only realized when i happened to check the main page.

found some i liked from leftover “autumn” from a few years back. had a couple others but when i couldn’t find them just used three of these.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I was at the stadium until almost midnight (July 4 Fireworks… see the gallery page), so I almost forgot. I’ve had the pictures ready for a couple weeks. Unfortunately, I got a whole bunch of good stuff from the Adirondacks that I just never got a chance to turn into submission-size pics. Moss and lichens, as well as a few other nooks and crannies were just awesome with the new extension tubes. Looking forward to submitting Tiny Tracts 2 in a couple years…

Uranus
    Participant

That one ending in 8462 is most-excellent.

Uranus, I’m with Rav, “..8462” is a great shot.

Thanks guys. means a lot. Ultimately i wasn’t sure if I’d used it for “He’s a fun guy”, so I ditched it.

Uranus
    Participant

Mods, could you please zap evulc‘s comment?

ravnostic
    Participant

Uranus Elsinore is heading out with the girl scouts; gotta do a regular farkback.

Yoyo
    Participant

Mods, could you please zap evulc‘s comment?

Yeah. I agree. Totally uncalled for and inappropriate.

Even the quality of haters has gone down hill. He missed the fact that I’m No Big Deal also marks his pics.

On the positive side of things, it’s nice to know that some non-photographers visit the contest threads.

And finally, holy moley! This week has some awsome entries.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

We’re not leaving for a bit, so I was able to check the thread, and yes, remove that comment. I’ll check again around 11 or so, then I’m out.

Uranus
    Participant

thanks, Els !

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Ultimately i wasn’t sure if I’d used it for “He’s a fun guy”, so I ditched it.

You know your entire posting history is on your stats page, right? “Fun Guy” is on the Grouped by Contest tab, page 3, and it doesn’t look like you used that particular one.

ravnostic
    Participant

Have a great time, Elsinore!

//I know you keed and are loving your role as a camping ‘den mother’ (or whatever they call the Girl Scout equiv.)

Uranus
    Participant

Ultimately i wasn’t sure if I’d used it for “He’s a fun guy”, so I ditched it.

You know your entire posting history is on your stats page, right? “Fun Guy” is on the Grouped by Contest tab, page 3, and it doesn’t look like you used that particular one.

true, but I’m lazy… 😆

mopsy
    Participant

CISS, is it possible or am I missing being able to view the file number of photos on your stats page? Some of my photos are so similar that I have trouble determining if I have used them. I keep thinking I’m missing something. Am I?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

CISS, is it possible or am I missing being able to view the file number of photos on your stats page? Some of my photos are so similar that I have trouble determining if I have used them. I keep thinking I’m missing something. Am I?

No, you’re not missing anything, mopsy. I have that info but it’s not displayed anywhere.

It would be a pretty easy change. How would y’all like to see it? As a tooltip? As caption text in the “Sorted by Post Time” tab? Other suggestions?

ravnostic
    Participant

I would think just a file name would do–most of us host at the same provider and so would know by name if it were the same image. (Doesn’t help me, but I have a different way to keep track of these things via my image organization in-computer.)

sleeping
    Participant

It would be a pretty easy change. How would y’all like to see it? As a tooltip? As caption text in the “Sorted by Post Time” tab? Other suggestions?

Would a flat list of filenames be feasible? That way you could Ctrl-F to search against an existing file you were checking

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • The topic ‘07-04-12 – Tiny…Tracts of Land’ is closed to new replies.