07-18-12 – Freeze Frame

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-18-12 – Freeze Frame

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

Yeah, I had a few killer ideas but RL is killing me. Can’t see myself making anything happen in time.

/has a sad

emiliogtz
    Participant

RL keeps getting in my way too, had to skip last week’s contest. Still, for this I have a couple of archives, but really want to do something specific for this week.

orionid
    Participant

I’m pretty much archiving until further notice. And my gear for this is still in a shipping container out in the front yard. And all my “good ones” have been used. w00t.

Someday….. Someday…. I will again stop bullets. Seriously, you should see my photo notebook right now. My plan for this week was capturing a gunshot head-on, bullet mid-air and silhouetted by muzzle flash. All with no [major] concern to the health of the camera.

millera9
    Participant

Is there a particular lower limit that you were thinking of for what constitutes a “high shutter speed” Barracuda?

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ll have to sit this one out; didn’t get to make time for it and too late to archive dive.

orionid
    Participant

by using high shutter speeds

Ummm….. Crap. Stroboscopic yay or nay?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

by using high shutter speeds

Ummm….. Crap. Stroboscopic yay or nay?

Tough one. The description specifically says shutter speed, but strobo shots are the first things I think of when I hear “freeze frame.” I’d say “yay” but will have to defer to ‘Cuda.

On another note, anyone want to opine on selections for my third? I’m torn between a MIG-17F, car jump #1, or car jump #2. TIA…

thepostess
    Participant

Archives for me too. You’d think with a f’n thunderstorm EVERY day, I could have gotten a decent lightning shot, but no. Mostly too many trees and powerlines in the way. Last night I went to the beach to try to at least catch some lightning over the gulf, but as big as the storm was over the water, no lightning. Wasn’t meant to be this week.

fluffybunny
    Participant

On another note, anyone want to opine on selections for my third? I’m torn between a MIG-17F, car jump #1, or car jump #2. TIA

Crop that dark corner out and use the MIG. (IMHO,FWIW,OMGWTFBFFBBQ)

/edited to fix typo

ravnostic
    Participant

Well I found 3 weak entries. Expectations are low, but at least I participated.

Barracuda
    Participant

Already weighed in saying flash, etc was all good. Great entries already pouring in. Looking forward to seeing the rest. Just about to sit down for dinner here. Wife has a few of her musician friends over and the other side of the house is full of flute music, but the smells of dinner are also starting to waft over this direction.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m torn on stroboscopic. The strobed flash *is* acting as a shutter, though the overall shutter speed is long.

Contest linky: http://www.fark.com/comments/7221073

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Annnd I misinterpreted stroboscopic. Was thinking long exposure with strobo flash creating multiple exposures in one frame.

orionid
    Participant

I posted anyways. If they’re not Kosher, we can pull them.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think they’re fine, myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘07-18-12 – Freeze Frame’ is closed to new replies.