07-25-07 – Red

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

Dammit. I already screwed one up.

“Red dog, red wall” should have had voting enabled.

Argh.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The first is already deleted.

caradoc
    Participant

Have I mentioned recently what a hoopy frood you are?

😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol. Little do you know how often I misplace my towel 😉

caradoc
    Participant

As long as you don’t misplace your camera…

Jakevol2
    Participant

Wow there are some DAMN good pics this week. I am sooooooo jealous. 😈

NuclearWinter
    Participant

Yeow. I need a macro lens! 😀

Red is a very popular theme.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Very popular indeed. I crashed last night not long after we went live at midnight, then I got up and there were 150 new posts in the thread! 😆 Awesome work people!

NuclearWinter
    Participant

Red is a very popular theme.

Yet oddly enough, it took me far too long to figure out what to snap photos of. Hopefully tools will be a bit easier.

schnee
    Participant

I really need to stop with the phoning-it-in.

The Farktography Statistics Manager is pleased. And hey, Zeke, was that a Mentos-initiated explosion?

Curious
    Participant

it is/was a good theme and a good contest. lots of great entries, 95% stayed on theme, some good originality and good overall photo skills.

Yet oddly enough, it took me far too long to figure out what to snap photos of.

that happens to me a lot in general. and sometimes what i decide tanks. my “advance auto” is a good case in point. that is a brand new store near me and i’d been trying to figure out how to shot it since this theme was announced. yesterday i had to go past it around 7:00 AM and the light just looked like what i’d wanted. so i turned around and went back and shot it using the point and shoot that stays in the car. i’m happy with it and don’t care that only two of the voters also liked it.

there are also weeks the muse takes a vacation. while it’s nice to be able to have something for each week don’t force it. there will be lots more contests. tools will be fun since it covers so many different things. i do plant maintenance for a living so “tools” to me is wrenches but to a graphic artist a mouse is a tool and to a chef a knife is.

go nuts 🙂

Curious
    Participant

I really need to stop with the phoning-it-in.

thank heavens i’ve never done that 🙂 of course it meant skipping some contests. got to the point i realized that the archives wouldn’t cover every contest, had no new ideas and was just better off taking the week off. not sure if skipping screws ones stats up more than finishing in the bottom 5% but then again it’s not about the stats anyway.

those looked like bluebonnets except for the color. taken around austin? remember seeing off blue but never red ones.

schnee
    Participant

those looked like bluebonnets except for the color. taken around austin? remember seeing off blue but never red ones.

They were taken at a place near Fredericksburg , TX called Wild Seed Farms, which isn’t very wild, but is a farm. The Red bluebonnets were bred that way by Texas A&M, iirc.

Claff
    Participant

there are also weeks the muse takes a vacation.

My muse is on vacation way more than she’s in the office. I want her benefits package.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘07-25-07 – Red’ is closed to new replies.