07-25-07 – Red

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    swampa
    Participant

I guess I am not learning anything.

I gave up long ago trying to predict what will do well. Just put the photos up that you like and hope for the best 🙂

It also makes one wonder how the other 40 pictures I had for the theme would have played. 😀

This has been the thing that has got to me in a lot of contests as I generally do a few extra ideas incase one or two doesn’t turn out as planned. I also forget about photos that I could use until after I have entered mine and seen someone elses image which reminded me of them (like tulips this week).

QuickSilver
    Participant

This has been the thing that has got to me in a lot of contests as I generally do a few extra ideas incase one or two doesn’t turn out as planned. I also forget about photos that I could use until after I have entered mine and seen someone elses image which reminded me of them (like tulips this week).

I have several shots that made it very hard to make up my mind what to post. I had a shot of a sign on the front of a Target Store but thought there would be bunches of those. There were none. Tulips galore but thought they would be too common. Firetrucks and then a red paint spill, stop lights, boats. It was tough to decide

schnee
    Participant

When it comes to the results, my rule of thumb is that if I do well, it was a Contest. If not, it was an Exhibition.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I generally post my photos in order from my favorite to my least favorite. My favorite is never my highest vote getter, this week was no exception.

Curious
    Participant

When it comes to the results, my rule of thumb is that if I do well, it was a Contest. If not, it was an Exhibition.

big lol

I generally post my photos in order from my favorite to my least favorite. My favorite is never my highest vote getter, this week was no exception.

i post mine in the opposite order, least to most.

and then i’m amazed at how the voters rank them. the black stairs against the white building i was just sure was a winner. it tanked. my grasshopper did better than i thought it would.

if i get more than ten votes on any single entry i’m happy.

zeke
    Participant

I think there is something different in the make up of the soft drinks over here as we dumped a whole roll of mentos into it. We are being jipped on the aspartame! 😡

Yeah, but if you remember your chemistry classes, too much of one reagent doesn’t necessarily increase the reaction if there’s not enough of even one of the other components. Without enough aspartame, the reaction won’t happen. If you can’t get diet coke, try diet pepsi, or something else, but make sure it has the aspartame. Or if all else fails, buy a regular coke and a box of Equal sweetener. YMMV 🙂

caradoc
    Participant

Or if all else fails, buy a regular coke and a box of Equal sweetener. YMMV 🙂

Dumping powder into a carbonated beverage?

You won’t need the Mentos.

zeke
    Participant

Or if all else fails, buy a regular coke and a box of Equal sweetener. YMMV 🙂

Dumping powder into a carbonated beverage?

You won’t need the Mentos.

Need? No. But it works better, especially if you chop up the mentos into smaller parts, and pour the mentos bits and Equal in at the same time. Just hurry. And run 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘07-25-07 – Red’ is closed to new replies.