07-25-07 – Red

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Jakevol2
    Participant

I have sooo many more pics for this week’s theme, I really this week we could have posted more than three.

Curious
    Participant

i shot some stuff yesterday morning that will work in the streetlight contest but that also are red.

but i had red shots and so far nothing else for streetlights.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

As long as you don’t misplace your camera…

heh heh very little chance of that. When it gets stormy and they call tornado watches/warnings, we head to our basement. Right after I pack up the kids and diaper bag, I grab the cameras. They’re my most prized physical possessions.

zeke
    Participant

And hey, Zeke, was that a Mentos-initiated explosion?

Aye, it was. I swapped the leaded Big Red out for Diet, dropped in three mentos, and let it rip. That one was the first pic of the second shoot 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

Wow…. lots of voters/votes this time. Personal high total for me, and I got no higher than 4th place!

QuickSilver
    Participant

And hey, Zeke, was that a Mentos-initiated explosion?

Aye, it was. I swapped the leaded Big Red out for Diet, dropped in three mentos, and let it rip. That one was the first pic of the second shoot 🙂

Does Diet Pop give a more powerful eruption than does the standard variety?

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Curious
    Participant

Wow…. lots of voters/votes this time. Personal high total for me, and I got no higher than 4th place!

good for you. i’m in a three way tie for 17th currently.

two of mine and one of sleeping‘s 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

good for you. i’m in a three way tie for 17th currently.

two of mine and one of sleeping‘s 🙂

But you’re up to #7 on the Highest Vote Getters Recently stat:
    http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/static-reports/highestvotegettersrecently.html

swampa
    Participant

You are now equal third!

/Whiner 😛

swampa
    Participant

Yup:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentos_eruption

At least it worked there!

This was the peak of the eruption when we tried it! A rather large letdown!

You just posted that to brag how far in front of everyone you are! 😛

/Yes, I’m jealous! 😛

zeke
    Participant

Aspartame is a key part of the reaction. The number of mentos you put in also counts – the more you put in, the bigger the boom. Diet Coke of course works great. I decided to give Diet Big Red a shot on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised at the results. In fact, the first attempt at a shoot was somewhat aborted when I panicked for a moment and took my finger off the shutter. The reaction worked a little better than expected, and I feared the fountain was about to hit the light fixture above the table 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Try Diet Pepsi next time–like Zeke said, there’s something about the aspartame in it that increases the reaction.

You just posted that to brag how far in front of everyone you are! 😛

/Yes, I’m jealous! 😛

lol I seriously didn’t, but if it makes you feel any better, the only reason I’m that far out at this point is the huge outlier I have for the bugs theme–when that 134 votes drops out of the recent 10 weeks, I’ll drop too 😉

swampa
    Participant

I think there is something different in the make up of the soft drinks over here as we dumped a whole roll of mentos into it. We are being jipped on the aspartame! 😡

Yeah but if you take the 134 away from the eleventy brazilion you have, well it still leaves a lot! (I ran out of toes trying to figure it out) 😛

QuickSilver
    Participant

It is so amazing to me how after 7 contests, the photos that I submitted don’t match up with how I think they will do. I guess I am not learning anything. Of my 3 entries I thought the one that would be the best in the contest was the Li’l Red Wagon but it was my second best in everyones eyes. Then I thought that the most mundain shot, the Little Red School House was seen as my best work. What I thought was the most impressive statement of RED. You know the one that I could have submitted in black & white (and almost did), the Red Lobster it turned out to be the worst of the 3.
    It also makes one wonder how the other 40 pictures I had for the theme would have played. 😀
    Maybe next time I will try to reverse my selections.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘07-25-07 – Red’ is closed to new replies.