07-29-09 – Man’s Best Friend

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-29-09 – Man’s Best Friend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us pictures of dogs and other canines.

Theme suggestion kudos go to bucky_bacon!

millera9
    Participant

bucky_bacon, are we restricting this to animals within the genus Canis, or simply anything within the family Canidae? In layman’s terms, could I enter pictures of a fox?

lokisbong
    Participant

Ooh thats gettin technical. if it was me I would say hell yes but…

bucky_bacon
    Participant

bucky_bacon, are we restricting this to animals within the genus Canis, or simply anything within the family Canidae? In layman’s terms, could I enter pictures of a fox?

Of course! Foxes, wolves, coyotes, etc… all great.

millera9
    Participant

Nyexcellent. *rubbing hands together*

clouddancer
    Participant

Okay, now you said foxes and stuff….do they have to be live, or would stuffed count? (I have a really pretty stuffed fox, no it’s not a previously live fox, it’s a stuffed animal).

I guess this answers the question of whether or not they have to be our pets. My dog is kind of stupid but we have a friend here with his dog and she’s really pretty and much smarter than my dog, although it’s better now that they actually play and get along.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Okay, now you said foxes and stuff….do they have to be live, or would stuffed count? (I have a really pretty stuffed fox, no it’s not a previously live fox, it’s a stuffed animal).

I guess this answers the question of whether or not they have to be our pets. My dog is kind of stupid but we have a friend here with his dog and she’s really pretty and much smarter than my dog, although it’s better now that they actually play and get along.

Stuffed animals are totally good. As are porcelain, metal, any other material. We can’t expect everyone to have a live dog. Or at least a smart one at that. And no, they certainly do not have to be your pet. I think that only one of my pics will be of any of my three dogs. The others will all belong to other people.

clouddancer
    Participant

So I just pulled out my stuffy and I got told it’s a raccoon! But it’s red! And it has black feet and a black belly! The only thing is it’s tail is striped. I do have another stuffed dog though, one I got as something. Ooh!! I just realized what I can use!!

linguine
    Participant

Are we still allowing very small borders to be added to pictures?

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

This one is going to be odd for me… I only got one photo prep’d last night and I won’t be home from work until late in the evening PT. So if I do manage to find and post a 2nd or 3rd photo they will be separated by many hours, possibly well after the contest goes live. Real life keeps getting in the way of pursuing my hobbies. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Are we still allowing very small borders to be added to pictures?

Yep. I think the rules officially say 2-3 pixels. I don’t think it would be an issue unless it’s over 10.

linguine
    Participant
    jpatten
    Participant

I don’t have that many dog pictures. BUT I had a hard time deciding which ones to use out of what I do have.

U-Man
    Participant

These two hooligans were my kids before I had kids. Jessie (the black one) came from the pound and was a very, very, very good dog. We put her down just last year as an old lady of 16. She had cancer and was just at the end of the line. Sadie (the rusty brown one) was a stray and had more brawn than brain. She had a lot of Chow Chow in her and was very athletic and pushy. It took her a while to figure out that I was the boss. She had a stroke at 15.

My wife has seen me cry 4 or 5 times. Two of those were when these doggies got that last injection. I sobbed like a baby.

Scanned P & S print –

From when they were young and crazy –

olavf
    Participant

cripes. forget FSM. I just hope Fark is running at midnight 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘07-29-09 – Man’s Best Friend’ is closed to new replies.