07-29-09 – Man’s Best Friend

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-29-09 – Man’s Best Friend

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Okay, now you said foxes and stuff….do they have to be live, or would stuffed count? (I have a really pretty stuffed fox, no it’s not a previously live fox, it’s a stuffed animal).

I guess this answers the question of whether or not they have to be our pets. My dog is kind of stupid but we have a friend here with his dog and she’s really pretty and much smarter than my dog, although it’s better now that they actually play and get along.

Stuffed animals are totally good. As are porcelain, metal, any other material. We can’t expect everyone to have a live dog. Or at least a smart one at that. And no, they certainly do not have to be your pet. I think that only one of my pics will be of any of my three dogs. The others will all belong to other people.

Last minute ruling: dog costumes? It’s a ridiculously cute picture.

olavf
    Participant

ah, well. if it’s not appropriate, I’d appreciate someone taking it down.

2009-07-30 12:46:01 AM

bucky_bacon
    Participant

ah, well. if it’s not appropriate, I’d appreciate someone taking it down.

2009-07-30 12:46:01 AM

I like it. Seems appropriate to the theme. 🙂

clouddancer
    Participant

Oh my goodness there are some seriously cute dogs up! I voted for an insane amount of pictures because there were so many deserving pictures! I’d want to hug my dog, but she gets stupid when I try to do so. I’ll hug the other dog around here instead (more huggable).

Say it with me now…AwwwwwWWWWwwww!!

bucky_bacon
    Participant

My entry at 2009-07-29 08:27:43 PM got deleted (broken image?) but is loading just fine for me.
    http://www.speedpicks.com/dog6.jpg

Is it still possible to get this fixed?
    Thanks.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It shows up just fine (and not deleted) for me. Not sure what’s up with that? Might have been just a quick hiccup, but let me know if it disappears again.

U-Man
    Participant

BB, you’re not crazy. It was missing when I looked earlier this morning. 🙂 But it’s back now so all is well.

/and it is a really nice pic, too. I love the crispness and colors.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Thanks Elsinore. I did a farkback too so maybe they grabbed it. I kinda panicked for a minute. 🙂

And thanks to you, U-Man. I certainly appreciate your compliment. But look out! I’m coming after you!
    Ha yeah right. Maybe if you take the next 3-4 weeks off!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ah, if you farkbacked, then they almost certainly got it squared away for you. Just as a general point of information, entries that disappear like that can always be brought back (and their associated votes with them), so never fear 🙂

soosh
    Participant

woo, I broke the 6,000 vote barrier this week!

corsec67
    Participant

woo, I broke the 6,000 vote barrier this week.

And judging by my recent performance, it will take me more than a month to get the 140 votes to reach 5,000 votes…

bucky_bacon
    Participant

woo, I broke the 6,000 vote barrier this week.

Woohoo! Congrats!

U-Man
    Participant

And thanks to you, U-Man. I certainly appreciate your compliment. But look out! I’m coming after you!

Dude. Look at you! 🙂 While you were sneaking up on me, I was sneaking up on Elsinore.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It hasn’t been much of a sneak really 😆 Especially when you average 30 votes a picture and I average like 17 😉 I’m actually more surprised I made it this long, and especially this week when I slacked off. I figured mine wouldn’t do much voting wise, and you were only 60 something behind going into this week. There’s still a couple days of voting, so who knows. If not this week then next, I’m sure.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh, and congrats on 6k, soosh 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘07-29-09 – Man’s Best Friend’ is closed to new replies.