07-30-08 – I Tawt I Taw a Puddytat!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-30-08 – I Tawt I Taw a Puddytat!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    RcMacStudent
    Participant

That’s incredible, I knew we were gonna fly past epic when we hit 300+ entries on Wednesday night.

What can we do to help keep those boobies from becoming wieners? Anything?

SilverStag
    Participant

*Buffs fingernails on chest*

All kidding aside, I’m very pleased that this contest did so well. I thought it would be good, but not this huge, to tell you the truth. I clearly misunderestimated the attractions between cats and Farkers.

linguine
    Participant

Zekes entry also became the new highest vote getter.

U-Man
    Participant

Zekes entry also became the new highest vote getter.

It was really done well. When I first looked at it, I was just kinda “hey look, the cat is following the treats”. Then I saw the spider and my brain took that fraction of a second to figure it out before I said “HA!”. 🙂

/While I think that it is cool that this theme was so popular, my cat is pretty bummed. Perhaps instead of going for the interesting perspective with the 10-22 mm in his face I’ll try the 300 mm from further away next time.

jekxrb
    Participant

/While I think that it is cool that this theme was so popular, my cat is pretty bummed. Perhaps instead of going for the interesting perspective with the 10-22 mm in his face I’ll try the 300 mm from further away next time.

I don’t know. I’m a particular fan of your cat’s bling! Pretty damn awesome.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

meh, with 3 entries (one of which included a toddler), I didn’t do as well as U-Man did with 2 entries and no toddlers, so there ya go 😉

But I did ok, and it was all in fun. The captionshop thread is awesome already, and I’m expecting it to explode at 8am…

mopsy
    Participant

meh, with 3 entries (one of which included a toddler), I didn’t do as well as U-Man did with 2 entries and no toddlers, so there ya go 😉

But I did ok, and it was all in fun. The captionshop thread is awesome already, and I’m expecting it to explode at 8am…

How do I get to the captionshop thread?

I plan to frame several of my cat photos and present them to the Animal Shelter. I also write book reviews for the local newspaper so have an in with the editor. I think he will allow me to do a feature article about the need for adopting a cat. I was really moved at the number of cats the shelter houses. Our shelter has a 98% placement record, but the number of cats right now are over the top. Hope I can do some good. Thanks for the contest idea. It’s been an eye opener in many ways!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s really cool, mopsy, and amazing that the shelter has such a great placement record. Captionshop thread is here:
    http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3771941

justkat
    Participant

My lolcats are doing much better than my farktography entries…. heeheehee

swampa
    Participant

Mine too. I’m sure I read somewhere* that the votes we got in that comp would count too 😛

* It turns out somewhere is on a piece of paper beside me.

SilverStag
    Participant

Mine too. I’m sure I read somewhere* that the votes we got in that comp would count too 😛

Well, the lolcats are showing up in the FSM, although there’s a bit of a headline problem at the moment. I’m sure schnee is on it, though 🙂

lokisbong
    Participant

Well, the lolcats are showing up in the FSM, although there’s a bit of a headline problem at the moment. I’m sure schnee is on it, though 🙂

Thats cool but it is kinda weird seeing a photo I didn’t take, just caption.It is a cool picture though so it can stay 😉

schnee
    Participant

I’m sure schnee is on it, though 🙂

When I created the Freetime Sucking Monster, Farktography didn’t have its own tag, must less category. So I had to look at the headlines and I had to look for “Farktography”. 169 contests later, some other voting enabled contest with “Farktography” in the headline shows up greenlit, and the FSM did it’s magic. Sigh.

I need to figure out how to remove the lolcat contest. Will take a couple of days. In the meantime, laugh at the naive decisions I made two-point-five years ago.

(did I get that “it’s” correct? I always forget)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Damn…when I submitted that headline, I didn’t even think of that issue. Whoops…

/should be its

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I haz called the thread. Congrats on the epic win, Zeke, and thanks for the epic theme suggestion, SilverStag!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • The topic ‘07-30-08 – I Tawt I Taw a Puddytat!’ is closed to new replies.