08-10-11 – A Portal Through

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-10-11 – A Portal Through

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

CISS, how do you link to a particular entry in a particular contest page? I’d love to have that skill added to my toolbox. PATY?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, thanks!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

rav, the basic template is

http://www.fark.com/comments/threadId/commentId

threadId is the unique thread identifier and is easily found by looking in the address bar when on the thread comments page. For example, 7 is the threadId for the Farktography discussion thread.

commentId is the unique ID assigned to every comment and is a bit more difficult to come by. You can view the source for the page and find the particular comment you’re looking for, but the easiest way is probably to use the Quote [“”] button for the comment itself and then look at the HTML inserted into the comment box.

For example, here’s the HTML from the comment box when I clicked the [“”] button for one of your entries:

ravnostic: Central Ave. @ Jackson St., Railway Underpass
    [fossilspringsaz.com image 600x750]
    *Lovely* neighborhood in which to go shooting at 3am. (I mean with a camera--others may mean differently. YMMV )

The URL to that comment is then http://www.fark.com/comments/6466501/71003191.

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks, CISS!!

Elsinore, can you please envotenate Kestrana‘s first entry? Stat, before I forget to go back and vote for it?

//edit: and Oddminds too?

http://www.fark.com/comments/6466501/71003463

Did I get that right, CISS?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, got ’em

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Almost forgot – bees are here. Really wavered back & forth between the cave monster “A” and the wormhole “B”.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Looks like it’s archive diving for me again 😳 This whole moving thing really puts a damper on my photography time 😡

Hey, I never asked, where did you decide on?

Manchester, UK – flying out in about a month and I still haven’t bought my ticket or packed, haha.

Take it from somebody who has their plane tickets and is currently packing-start now. It might be a hateful process, but it always takes longer than you think it will. 5 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes, 34 seconds left on the continent. Not that I’m counting or anything.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Scarlet R: TheOtherOne79’s entry was previously used in In Deep Shadow

Farktographer
    Participant

Looks like it’s archive diving for me again 😳 This whole moving thing really puts a damper on my photography time 😡

Hey, I never asked, where did you decide on?

Manchester, UK – flying out in about a month and I still haven’t bought my ticket or packed, haha.

Take it from somebody who has their plane tickets and is currently packing-start now. It might be a hateful process, but it always takes longer than you think it will. 5 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes, 34 seconds left on the continent. Not that I’m counting or anything.

Holy hell that’s soon, haha. I’ve done a dry-run on my stuff I’m packing, so I know everything fits, but now it’s an issue of getting rid of the things I’m *not* bringing or storing. I’m just jealous you’re going to get such a temperate climate and beautiful scenery when I’m stuck with…well, neither 😆

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got the second scarlet R–thought that one looked familiar.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Scarlet R: postlibyan’s entry was previously used in Urban Art

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, thanks 🙂

cameraflage
    Participant

Kestrana, your shot of the Mary’s Rock Tunnel brought back a lot of memories…like the time I sent a tractor-trailer down Skyline Drive to one of the park lodges without telling the driver to drive down the center of the tunnel (where the highest clearance is…I assumed he’d figure that out), or without bothering to notify Central District Law Enforcement that a big truck was about to clog their tunnel.

The truck made it through, and the tunnel came out intact as well.

Then there was the time that my wife and I were going to camp on top of Mary’s Rock…you can read about THAT fiasco here… http://www.nls.net/mp/cameraflage/episode5.html

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah we figured you would know that exact spot, perhaps even use your own photo of it. Now I drive by the sign for it every day.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Hate to do this ’cause it’s doing well and it’s a great shot, but I was browsing random contestant’s pages and noticed that aspidites’ entry was almost certainly previously used in Nature Photography. I say “almost certainly” because the actual file names are different, but the shots are identical, which is why it wasn’t automatically picked up.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • The topic ‘08-10-11 – A Portal Through’ is closed to new replies.