08-10-11 – A Portal Through

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-10-11 – A Portal Through

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

I think he was deliberately trying to get your goat, see?

orionid
    Participant

I think he was deliberately trying to get your goat, see?

*groan*

ravnostic
    Participant

Do we specifically need to show both the entrance side and exit side, or could we have a shot say from the interior looking out?

orionid
    Participant

Do we specifically need to show both the entrance side and exit side, or could we have a shot say from the interior looking out?

If you have a lens that curves space-time, then both sides are required. I also want to borrow the plans for that lens.

If you’re like the rest of us, then one side is acceptable. =D

ravnostic
    Participant

ah-HA-ha.

What about things like a ‘tunnel’ made from trees over a road?

//I went picture taking today, midnight till an hour past sunrise, in case you weren’t wondering. These questions arise while I’m taking the images I would take even if there weren’t contests.
    (I got some lovely ones this time around–can we have a theme for just owls?)

orionid
    Participant

I say yes, voters may or may not. I have a similar shot that I’m debating between this one and pathways, but leaning towards pathways.

Kestrana
    Participant

We can have whatever you want to suggest that voters will approve 😀

U-Man
    Participant

We can have whatever you want to suggest that voters will approve 😀

I’m in – http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farkphotoshop/Barn-Owl_7131.jpg

Yugoboy
    Participant

Shoot.

I’ve been adding a focus on doorways and stuff the last few weeks, and it only today occurs to me that I won’t be able to post any of ’em as I’ll be high over the Atlantic when the contest goes live, and we’re leaving the ‘puters at home for safety, security and mental health’s sake so even posting late isn’t an option…

Oh well… I’ll just have to save ’em for Portal 2 in 2014, I guess…

ennuipoet
    Participant

Shoot.

I’ve been adding a focus on doorways and stuff the last few weeks, and it only today occurs to me that I won’t be able to post any of ’em as I’ll be high over the Atlantic when the contest goes live, and we’re leaving the ‘puters at home for safety, security and mental health’s sake so even posting late isn’t an option…

Oh well… I’ll just have to save ’em for Portal 2 in 2014, I guess…

If you want I am sure we could work up an On Behalf Of post for you, I’d be happy to do it if you send me the links to the photos.

orionid
    Participant

Likewise.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I appreciate the offers. If I have something cool enough to ask for the effort, I’ll let you know.

Otherwise, I’ll just come back and be in awe of what y’all did.

Thanx for the offers!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

If you have a lens that curves space-time, then both sides are required. I also want to borrow the plans for that lens.

If you’re like the rest of us, then one side is acceptable. =D

Actually, if you manage to have a lens that DOESN’T curve spacetime, I know some guys who would be very interested in talking to you.

clouddancer
    Participant

Kitty sitting in window? Kid looking out through the screen door?
    About all I got so far without specifically shooting.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m trying to see if I’ve got anything worth asking ennuipoet to OBO for me.

I wonder… due to their lack of being “portals” but they are windows… are stained glass windows in or out?

I’m not sure if I’d use one anyway, but I’ve been going into every open church I come across… got a few pics so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • The topic ‘08-10-11 – A Portal Through’ is closed to new replies.