08-12-09 – Do It Yourself

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-12-09 – Do It Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Use a series of three photos to teach us a skill. A spinoff of the Take Three theme, where the photographer demonstrates how to do something in three steps.Explanations welcome.Post all three of the same series in the same post. Limit 2 series of 3 photos.

Remembering pangolyn with this one as it was her theme suggestion…

staplermofo
    Participant

Is there a 3 photo or 3 skill (9 photo) limit on this one?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

hmm that’s a good question. The description doesn’t limit anything, so I guess it can be up to 3 skills/9 photos. IIRC, in the theme discussion, we talked about posting all three of the same skill in the same entry so they stay together, but that’s not clear here, so I can add that to the description.

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m glad someone asked because I was sort of thinking about it. Though I’m having a hard enough time figuring out 1 skill to do (though fire seems to go over well), I’m not sure I could do 3.

linguine
    Participant

I had just assumed that it was post 1 series of 3 photos, but I have no problem opening it up to 3 sets of 3 photos if people want to do more.

orionid
    Participant

I think Pangolyn was thinking one series of three…. but three series of three would help me narrow down my choices.

/Now I just have to get down to Sandy’s and paddle out, turn around and raise…..

thepostess
    Participant

3 series of 3 would be kind of cool. 3 in a single post.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Or we could split the difference and go for 2 series of 3? It’s going to be a lot to wade through if everyone posts 9 photos. 6 will still be a lot but not as bad.

thepostess
    Participant

2 skill sets would be fine for me.

orionid
    Participant

I’ll vote for two.

corsec67
    Participant

Wouldn’t this then be the first contest where more than 3 pictures were allowed?

All of the 3 pictures in one post contests I can remember limited us to one post.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think there’s only been one “3 pictures in one post” contest, which was the Take Three theme. The FSM is only going to see each “entry” not each individual photo, so from that standpoint, it doesn’t matter much (though the FSM really only picks up the first photo in each entry, which was an issue for Take Three as well). The nature of the theme is probably going to draw more regulars than casual participants, so overall posts may be lower. I could go either way, but lean somewhat more toward 2 entries of 3 photos. If there’s a strong opinion one side or the other, speak up now so we can get a consensus quickly.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I’ll also vote for two sets, please.

staplermofo
    Participant

I vote no limit! CRAZY PHOTO ORGY!
    WOOOOO!

(okay okay, two)

nobigdeal
    Participant

Seeing as how I have not shot anything yet for this theme I want to say one entry of three. But I know me and I will have 3 or 4 by Wednesday.

So on that note I vote that we have at least 2 entries of three photos and that 3 entries is ok with me too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘08-12-09 – Do It Yourself’ is closed to new replies.