08-17-11 – Mmm Bokeh 2: Electric Bokehloo

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-17-11 – Mmm Bokeh 2: Electric Bokehloo

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

We’ve had a couple of those over the years, but thankfully they’re not the norm. I’m hoping my response will nip that kind of thing in the bud. Someone’s also been voting down our links consistently every week for at least the past 6 weeks. Not sure what’s up with that.

I wondered what was going on with that and why the threads only had a few votes lately.

has everybody +1’d this lately?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s pretty much the first thing I do every week, but yeah, maybe we really need to push the link voting. Not sure if it’ll thwart the down-voter, or if they even think they’re accomplishing anything other than being generally negative, but yeah…

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’m not sure I know what y’all are talking about with the link voting – is that a TF thing?

ravnostic
    Participant

Nope–just ‘thumbs up’ the post–it’s there at the top of the thread. (with little icon thumb goodness, to boot…)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, it’s a TF thing. If admins see a link with tons of +1 votes, it can get their attention and sometimes influence greening. It doesn’t really do anything for Farktography since we’re greened every week anyway. Used to be (in the long ago before we had a set green time) we rushed to vote up the link hoping to get it noticed and greened within a reasonable span of time and going live at a reasonable hour. Once the time got normalized and it wasn’t that necessary, a lot of people stopped link voting on the thread.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I must be blind, rav. I see Facebook “Like” and Google +1 buttons (neither of which I do so I can’t help there), but I’m not seeing a thumb icon… ?

Edit after Els’s post: Ah. Nevermind then.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Also, Zero Exponent: You were so right. Now where’s my Advil? Hm, maybe I should make it tequila.

Awww, poor Els … you do know that, for the most part (ie 99.99%), we love you and think you do a great job, right?

Also, belated thank you to whoever decided to use my suggestion for the naming of the contest. I’m pretty sure it was Kestrana, but I’m too lazy to check.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, and I hope you guys know I love you, too! I have a low tolerance for big egos and drama llamas, so Farktography has always been a nice haven away from that crap…

olavf
    Participant

My G-M MOFARKING SOB DNS PROVIDER IS DOWN AGAIN.

Well, crap. I know what I’m doing this weekend.

orionid
    Participant

I wonder what happened there.

olavf
    Participant

Second time it’s happened in about a month – they’re back up now, but last time, they were down for 24 hours and didn’t answer the phone. One of my accounts is due to be re-upped…well, now that they’re running again, I can work on getting things changed this afternoon, and make the switch over the weekend (after the contest)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to oddmind this week!

olavf
    Participant

Congrats indeed! Very clever!

U-Man
    Participant

Congrats indeed! Very clever!

And executed nicely. Good job.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to oddmind on her first win (a clever shot indeed) and to U-Man for first in total votes. Here are this week’s SQ lists:

By votes:

Rank  UserName         Votes
    ----

1 U-Man 829
    2 ravnostic 698
    3 orionid 654
    4 BecauseISaidSo 641
    5 kestrana 609
    6 Ranger Joe 601
    7 Ennuipoet 534
    8 oddmind 491
    9 olavf 465
    10 lokisbong 458

By NVC:

Rank  UserName           NVC
    ----

1 U-Man 496.58
    2 ravnostic 432.05
    3 orionid 403.98
    4 BecauseISaidSo 395.25
    5 Ranger Joe 367.15
    6 kestrana 357.93
    7 Ennuipoet 312.46
    8 oddmind 294.73
    9 lokisbong 276.35
    10 olavf 267.59

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • The topic ‘08-17-11 – Mmm Bokeh 2: Electric Bokehloo’ is closed to new replies.