08-17-11 – Mmm Bokeh 2: Electric Bokehloo

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-17-11 – Mmm Bokeh 2: Electric Bokehloo

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, thanks 🙂

kashari
    Participant

When you get a Scarlet R, can you submit another entry or are you done?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s more often than not an unintentional thing; there’s no consequence on Fark, and you’re welcome to submit a different entry to take its place.

sleeping
    Participant

Wait, we’re not making them wear a red letter R on their clothes for a week? Hmph.

SilverStag
    Participant

Thanks to Elsinore for jumping in and doing OBO’s for me this week!

kashari
    Participant

It’s more often than not an unintentional thing; there’s no consequence on Fark, and you’re welcome to submit a different entry to take its place.

Ok, thanks! I had to stop & check one of mine in the FSM, got that sinking feeling at the last moment that I’d used it and didn’t want to chance screwing up.

swampa
    Participant

Wait, we’re not making them wear a red letter R on their clothes for a week? Hmph.

We tried, but everyone thought they were part of Team Rocket. And that is a punishment above and beyond what a scarlet R calls for!

ennuipoet
    Participant

I see our resident Photography Snob has made his appearance in the thread this week. The guy is a good photographer, but his attitude makes me want to slap him. There are hundreds of photography sites on the net that welcome smug, pretentious douchebags to comment on their strictly average photography so they all feel special together, don’t bring that nonsense into my Farktography.

/End Rant

Elsinore
    Keymaster

We’ve had a couple of those over the years, but thankfully they’re not the norm. I’m hoping my response will nip that kind of thing in the bud. Someone’s also been voting down our links consistently every week for at least the past 6 weeks. Not sure what’s up with that.

ennuipoet
    Participant

We’ve had a couple of those over the years, but thankfully they’re not the norm. I’m hoping my response will nip that kind of thing in the bud. Someone’s also been voting down our links consistently every week for at least the past 6 weeks. Not sure what’s up with that.

I think what tweaked me was the three shots submitted did not have “creative” bokeh. There were no compositional elements in the background to lead the viewer into or out of the shots. There were no angles, shapes or forms in the background to enhance the visual aspects of the image. There were some nice vectors in the third image which matched the angles of the model’s pose. Those vectors, however, fail to lead the viewer into any other visual elements of interest and essentially strand you in the upper left corner of the image with no where to go.

You see, I can read a book on artistic composition and be a snarky ass too! 😛

ennuipoet
    Participant

/Trying to make this as complicated as possible.
    //It’s working.

HAH! Then I say we just post: “Bokeh: It’s Blurry Muthafarka!” 😛

I have read this several times, and I can’t read it in anything but Samuel L. Jackson’s voice.

It wasn’t intended to Samuel L Jackson, but it is now!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’m hoping my response will nip that kind of thing in the bud.

See, that’s why I couldn’t be a mod. You were much more diplomatic in your response than I would’ve been. My response would’ve been something like, “Perhaps we should (define creativity); we certainly don’t need to work on the definition of douchebag because you’ve got that down pat.” And then I would’ve deleted his entries. 🙂

Speaking of deleting entries…
    Scarlet R: migueldelascervezas’s entry was previously used in Plants

Elsinore
    Keymaster

😆 it’s not always easy, and I’ve made mistakes myself, but I try. I’m very trying. Just ask my husband.

😉

Got the Scarlet R–thanks 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Also, Zero Exponent: You were so right. Now where’s my Advil? Hm, maybe I should make it tequila.

kashari
    Participant

I wondered what was going on with that and why the threads only had a few votes lately.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • The topic ‘08-17-11 – Mmm Bokeh 2: Electric Bokehloo’ is closed to new replies.