09-09-09 – Farktography Classic: Less is More 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-09-09 – Farktography Classic: Less is More 2

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I really enjoyed this contest, even though I ended up picking from archives due to a lack of time to get out and take more photos. Here are some b-sides if you need “more less”.

Succulent flower spikes on Alcatraz island (scanned from film)

A different wildfire sunset with an odd reflection/distortion

Towering wind turbine in a 99% cloudless sky in So Cal

One of many bird in flight against the sky shots considered this week

Another bird flying, against a wildfire stained sky this time

And a pair of overexposed gulls further distorted by a moody scanner

Sunset obscured by huge rocks on the beach

I think the first bird is a female Northern Harrier. Her mate was much smaller, lighter in color and harder to photograph. I only got blurry images of him.

lokisbong
    Participant

Wow! there are a lot of really eye grabbing shots this week. This is a cool theme. I wasn’t a farktographer last time around. I hope my entries are on target.

soosh
    Participant

Sleeping, I really love Another Sunset at the Reservoir. I also like Mist and Snow that you posted in the contest thread.

I would have posted a comment on your flickr, but I apparently have reached the stage of man* where one starts to have irrational anger directed at (perfectly good) random targets and therefore refuses to process anything involved with the unfortunate entity. . For my dad, it was Firestone Tires, Dairy Queen, Budweiser and the folks at Western Auto. For me, Yahoo, Safeway, Wendy’s, & CBS. As soon as I encounter that Yahoo login, I’m done.

*this may or may not occur in all families. but when it does, it’s a doozy.

soosh
    Participant

also? I’m extremely high, so you can most likely just skip over this portion of the program.

linguine
    Participant

Soosh, I love your sailboat shot.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just looked through the thread (awesome stuff, guys!) for possibly the last time this morning. Rescued some shots that fell into the ether and enabled voting on others. I may not be back home before early afternoon, then I’m heading out of town and won’t be around till tonight, so if something blows up or disappears, use the notify moderators link at the bottom of the thread. Catch you guys later!

justkat
    Participant

I find it strange that my chain pic is doing better than my storage-tower pic. I mean, I *like* the chain pic — playing with depth of field and taking pix of rusty things are both quirks of mine — but I rather thought the storage-tower was more “minimal”. hmmmm…. not that I’m complaining about my overall number of votes, mind.

soosh
    Participant
    U-Man
    Participant

Man, soosh, I really like that series.

thepostess
    Participant

Beautiful soosh.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Nice stuff soosh

soosh
    Participant

I’ve sold a few of them. They look really great printed out 16×20. There is an incredible amount of detail in the boat if you get up close.

It is a major pain, though, trying to get any two of them to print out to exactly the same tone when somebody wants more than one. They were taken as day was breaking, and are not exactly long exposures, but I was in a contemplative mood, letting the fog change things around and letting the tide spin the boat, so they’re all a little different in terms of light. I hate color management/need to get a far more sophisticated setup than I have.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I’d say you did some pretty good eenie-meenie-ing! 😀

Thanks… and I really like your chain entry too!

justkat
    Participant

I’d say you did some pretty good eenie-meenie-ing! 😀

Thanks… and I really like your chain entry too!

heh, thanks, my only “archive” picture. go figure. 😉

orionid
    Participant

U-Man, ‘grats on the 150+ vote contest this week! Yeebus!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • The topic ‘09-09-09 – Farktography Classic: Less is More 2’ is closed to new replies.