09-10-08 – Orange

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-10-08 – Orange

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

OK, I can’t help pitching a question out this week too. I’m on the fence about two Koi shots, one of which is abstract and sloppy and another which is clean and high contrast.

I was also all set to post one spiky orange fruit but have a co-worker that likes a a different shot of the same plant.

Feedback is welcome, no need to censor.

I like the high contrast fish.

What is the fruit? Citrus is out for the difficulty.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I sometimes wonder about what percentage of ‘orange’ in the shot will make it qualify:
    Your calls?

I really like the 3 and the Ford.

Great shots!

redwoodcruzr
    Participant

I thought I’d offer them up to the Fark masters for a critique.

I’m not a master, but graphic artistically, blue+orange is a go-to color combination. The pipes image has this, but compositionally, it seems too symmetric or something.

Funny you should mention that. I was having the same thought. We had blue skys this morning (first time in a while). I retook the image at a different angle. I’m much happier with the composition. We’ll see if the crowd agrees this evening.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

OK, I can’t help pitching a question out this week too. I’m on the fence about two Koi shots, one of which is abstract and sloppy and another which is clean and high contrast.

I was also all set to post one spiky orange fruit but have a co-worker that likes a a different shot of the same plant.

Feedback is welcome, no need to censor.

I like the high contrast fish.

What is the fruit? Citrus is out for the difficulty.

Thanks for the feedback! I have no idea what the plant is but I seriously doubt it’s cittrus. The leaves are wrong for citrus, the plant is very small (like 3 feet tall with fruit that’s an inch in diameter), and I don’t know of any citrus with spikes like that… I probably should have opened one up to see what it looks like inside, but they are planted by a road in a public park so I didn’t think it was a good idea.

jpatten
    Participant

Hmmm cant get the pic to load at work, .. do a GIS for spiky orange fruit and find one that looks like it and see what it actually is

redwoodcruzr
    Participant

What is the fruit? Citrus is out for the difficulty.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback! I have no idea what the plant is but I seriously doubt it’s cittrus. The leaves are wrong for citrus, the plant is very small (like 3 feet tall with fruit that’s an inch in diameter), and I don’t know of any citrus with spikes like that… I probably should have opened one up to see what it looks like inside, but they are planted by a road in a public park so I didn’t think it was a good idea.[/quote]

Reminds me of a lychee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee, but the shape is not quite right. Definitely does not look like a citrus.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Reminds me of a lychee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee, but the shape is not quite right. Definitely does not look like a citrus.

I think you’re right! I checked other pics of Lychee plants and it’s looks similar to some of them. Now the problem is that I really, really like Lychee and want to go pick (and eat) them.

sleeping
    Participant
    linguine
    Participant

My third post at 08:04:10 is a repeat, can it get deleted and I’ll dig something else up.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, linguine. Thanks for catching it.

linguine
    Participant

Thanks, after I posted it I noticed it was already in my farktography set that I keep so that I dont do stuff like this.

anneb
    Participant

Well, better late than never-

The problem with orange as a theme is that there’s so much of it around here- it’s not a limiting factor, I could do just about anything!

That, and a last minute change-of-third-shot scramble tonight…

I gotta admit, I totally LOVE all the orange up there tonight! I think I’m in heaven!

jpatten
    Participant

i wound up with a lot of orange, and discarding a shot I really worked to get just right… then decided meh….

niagh
    Participant

….. um, what’s standard procedure when one forgets to make one’s pictures voting enabled? >_>

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

If you’re reading this niagh, you didn’t enable voting on the orange fountain shot FYI…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • The topic ‘09-10-08 – Orange’ is closed to new replies.