09-16-09 – Look Out Below!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-16-09 – Look Out Below!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Here are a few of my b-sides.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3926240496/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3641976147/in/set-72157617277963942/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3642779974/in/set-72157617277963942/

And one I wasn’t sure if it would get me banned or not.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3927036741/

The first of the two crabs pics made me lol.

And I don’t think it would get you banned. We’ve had penis-shaped rocks before after all 🙂

justkat
    Participant

Thank you, justkat. You made my night and I smile.

Why is voting not enabled until midnight? I feel really special that I get to see these early. I might have the bug now, and keep the TotalFark.

We can’t vote until we at least give the liters a chance! 😉

Welcome to TotalFark, turn your life in at the coat-check desk, you won’t be using it. 😉

thepostess
    Participant

Well, in any case, I made it my 365 for the day.

thepostess
    Participant

And Welcome to TF clouddancer. I hope you don’t have anything important to do this month.

U-Man
    Participant

…I might have the bug now, and keep the TotalFark…

Heh. I remember my first time…:)
    Just wait until you start getting ‘the bug’ for a new camera body and some really great lenses.

clouddancer
    Participant

U-Man, I already have that bug for the new camera parts. I’m going on a 3-year-old P&S Kodak camera, 5 MP with only 4 ISO settings (80, 100, 200, 400), etc, etc etc. Unfortunately for me, I plan to upgrade big and go straight into a DSLR body with a couple of lenses besides the kit one (if a kit lens is included) and I know the body alone for what I looked at was $700-$800 to start (not to mention the cost of the lenses). When that amount of money is what you bring home bi-weekly for a paycheck, that kind of a “bite” will just have to fester.

Whoops, didn’t mean to hijack the thread. Carry on.

thepostess: Wicked cool with Scrabble.

thepostess
    Participant

Thanks.

olavf
    Participant

clouddancer, don’t be afraid to look at Craigslist or at the camera shops for a ‘gently used’ older model. Often times you can get something perfectly adequate for a fraction of new.

/and welcome. Just remember. Don’t blame me, blame my wife 😉

clouddancer
    Participant

My Dad’s mentioned Craigslist before (I swear his answer for everything lately is Craigslist), and pawn shops. I have been hesitant, but I will make a note to search every now and then and try to scrounge up some money. My husband comments regularly on the lack of quality for the camera so it’s as much to shut him up and something for both of us to play with (though it’ll be mine and if he wants one he can go get one for himself).

Thanks (again) for the sponsorship. I shall definitely make use of it!

olavf
    Participant

My Dad’s mentioned Craigslist before (I swear his answer for everything lately is Craigslist), and pawn shops. I have been hesitant, but I will make a note to search every now and then and try to scrounge up some money. My husband comments regularly on the lack of quality for the camera so it’s as much to shut him up and something for both of us to play with (though it’ll be mine and if he wants one he can go get one for himself).

Keep an eye at BHphoto.com and Adorama.com also. Those are the places I go to first when I’m looking for used lenses.

sleeping
    Participant

KEH.com is another good used dealer (I find they usually have the most stuff and the best prices, but they do some annoying things like usually selling lenses without caps unless you buy them separately)

olavf
    Participant

KEH.com is another good used dealer (I find they usually have the most stuff and the best prices, but they do some annoying things like usually selling lenses without caps unless you buy them separately)

I’ll have to check them out when I’m ready for that 35mm prime.. Thanks 😀

mopsy
    Participant

Elsinore, I never enabled my sundial for voting. Geez, how could I miss that! Could you please remedy the situation for me. It’s 2009-09-16 08:05:56 pm. Thanks.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Shoot, I thought i caught all of those–it’s enabled now!

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks Elsinore. I’m doing so poorly this week I may just slide off the top 10 vote getters in the recent contests. I can’t believe I didn’t see it last night. But you go justkat. You’re on the charts again!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘09-16-09 – Look Out Below!’ is closed to new replies.