09-30-09 – Show Your Colors

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-30-09 – Show Your Colors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

aaaaand now my domain isn’t loading from the work network. not blocked, just something in the routing.

Curious
    Participant

just a heads up Elsinore or however might wonder, one of my shots for tonight looks remarkably similar to one i used before. however it is the first of two shots/frames of that subject and cropped for effect.

i know our auto spotter goes on name/tag/title and that’s different too but someone might remember it from the last flag contest despite its poor showing then.

i happen to like the shot and wanted to use it but remain legal while i did. this satisfies that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

‘kay thanks, Curious.

I wanted to re-create something I’d done for the last contest, but just wasn’t happy with what I was getting. Ah well.

swampa
    Participant

Fly your flags here! (Contest link)

nobigdeal
    Participant

NBD: Not sure I’d go with that one..think it’s stretching things a bit much.

clouddancer: Definitely color. Also, I don’t think putting a flag on a gravestone would be disrespectful, especially if the grave were of a soldier.

Yea I kinda was thinkin that too. Oh well I’m sure there will be some theme I can use it for eventually.

thepostess
    Participant

A couple of b-sides.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3668337344/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepostess/3427786926/

And I have to share this awesome shot my little girl took a couple of years ago with my old Kodak 5MP camera.
    Flag

clouddancer
    Participant

Elsinore (or other mods), any chance we can get the entries for myzdoxae to have voting enabled?
    2009-10-01 12:08:06 AM
    2009-10-01 12:09:27 AM

Thanks.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em

clouddancer
    Participant

Thank you!

soosh
    Participant

I decided to go through some really old vacation jpgs and found another flag photo that cleaned up fairly nice. Wish I had my shit together, it might have pulled some votes. I added it anyway.

justkat
    Participant

your pic is doing really well, clouddancer! it really is a nice pic, way to go. 🙂

soosh
    Participant

orionid, I love your shot with the dog tags. u-man your shot looking up the flagpole and the horizontal barn shot are among my favoritest this week. lots of great photos, and I didn’t think I was going to be too interested in the entries this week.

clouddancer
    Participant

So far, if my placement stays where it is or higher, it’ll be my highest place yet in a contest!

Lots of vote-deserving pictures this week!

Kestrana
    Participant

lots of great photos, and I didn’t think I was going to be too interested in the entries this week.

I felt the same way but like just kat I felt a nice swell of patriotism from a lot of the pictures and was also amazed at how many wonderful entries there are.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks soosh.

Several have said it this week. I (and others) have said it in past weeks. Every time there is a theme that I don’t really like or doesn’t really click with me – there are folks who knock my socks off.

The military theme got me this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘09-30-09 – Show Your Colors’ is closed to new replies.