10-03-07 – Tourist in Your Own Town

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-03-07 – Tourist in Your Own Town

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Klahanie
    Participant

So have we decided if you have to take pictures of your own town or the area reasonably near your own town?

Sounds good to me. I don’t live anywhere near town and the touristy things in town are mostly jewelry shops. All of the cool touristy things are outside the city limits, and since I live outside the city limits, that’s where I’ll take my shots. I will be in my zip-code though. That oughtta work. 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

Damn, I miss Rogers Park…

boringolddoug
    Participant

I drove through Chicago Saturday. (No time to stop at the Fark party, unfortunately) and saw the Chicago Skyline at night against an impossibly black background from I90/94. Someone has GOT to post that unreal looking beautiful light show!

eire_irie
    Participant

I don’t thinke there’s anything in my town that isn’t in a book!

http://www.visityork.org

I have a couple of ideas though.

..If I can stay awake late enough to post.

XenPix
    Participant

I don’t thinke there’s anything in my town that isn’t in a book!

http://www.visityork.org

I have a couple of ideas though.

..If I can stay awake late enough to post.

I’m going for the Oldest Recorded Town in England. Anything of interest here has been published by the damned Romans. 😉

But those danged locals, they just walk straight past. I doubt the locals in York stop by York Minster in their lunch breaks. You live in the perfect place for this one.

As for the staying awake. I tend to snooze early, wake up, post, go back to sleep. I still get the required number of hours, I just have a break in between. Putting the laptop on snooze next to the bed with everything pre-posted in the Fark Scratchpad kinda helps too.

Flavivirus
    Participant

Hey guys I have two questions, if a mod/experienced farktographer could help me out it would be great.

I have 3 pictures all lined up from Vancouver (my hometown and a place I consider the best city in the world~~)… but one of my pictures is very dark. I love it as it is, but I’m not convinced that the fark background colour of “blinding white” will be kind to it. Can someone tell me the details of the “border” rule? I’m not convinced that 2 pixels of black/dark grey around my image will do enough. Is anyone experienced in this area aware of a way to bring out the picture? It’s very dark with some subtle blues.

The second question, is my brother (Canehdian) is interested in participating this week, but he is flying to LA tonight. Can I post a picture and attribute it to him in excess of my 3 posts? I would put it directly in the post as well as link to his flickr (this isn’t just me trying to squeeze 4 in, heh).

Thanks for your assistance.
    FV

Elsinore
    Keymaster

To answer your first question, we’ve not been too uptight with the border rule to the extent that we measure the exact number of pixels of the border. I think it’s a little difficult to define exactly, but the majority of your 640 pixels should be your photo. Just for giggles I just added different sized borders to some photos of mine, and 10 pixels seems ok, but 15 starts feeling too significant. Keep in mind that Fark automagically puts a 1 pixel gray border around all images, so that will show up against your dark border.

For your second question, I notice that your brother hasn’t participated in Farktography before, so there wouldn’t be a way to do an entry on behalf of him and get the votes transferred to his profile (since he doesn’t currently have a profile in the FSM). The FSM OBO entry system is also a little under the weather, so for the moment, that functionality isn’t…well, functioning 😉 Be that as it may, you can post a link to your brother’s Flickr without voting enabled, or even just post it here.

Hope that helps!

Flavivirus
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, very appreciated!! I’ll let my brother know to post from LA once he gets there, heh 🙂

FV

swampa
    Participant
    staplermofo
    Participant

My only hope is that Chicago’s constant attention whoring will help more than it hurts.

SilverStag
    Participant

Where’s your civic pride there, stapler dude?

staplermofo
    Participant

Where’s your civic pride there, stapler dude?

I meant the Chicago TF contingent that goes around shouting LOL_______ and:
    as you wish sir…

“Engage!” Piccard shouted in his surpriseing Brittsh accent,
    making Data take the ship to Warp 12. Cue appeared in a
    puff of smoke and flashed his cock at Piccard. Instantly,
    the uptite captain got hard and tried to denie it but Cue put
    a dog collar on him and then it was okay. Ricker took the
    helm and Cue waved his wand and then they were in Hawaai
    and Piccard was dressed in a grass skurt with cocoanutte
    haves over his breasts. ***//***Fuck me, Cue!***//** he tought,
    and Cue set fire to the skurt to get rid of it, and then bent
    Piccard over and fucked him really hard wit his universe-sized
    dick and Piccard came so hard his body exploded into a
    million peaces right their on the beach and Cue cried.

Flavivirus
    Participant

/backs away… slowly…

swampa
    Participant

Ummm shouldn’t it have been Q not Cue? Not to take away from that lovely tale of course 😛

staplermofo
    Participant

Hey, I didn’t write it, or even think it was funny. Somehow it just became on of TF’s Chicago contingent’s cliches.
    I think it should be Picard too, and British, and I think Warp 12 was impossible in TNG, and… Oh god… I…

*runs away*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘10-03-07 – Tourist in Your Own Town’ is closed to new replies.