10-10-07 – Farktography Classic: Bridges II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-10-07 – Farktography Classic: Bridges II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph bridges: Anything from old wooden covered bridges to concrete & steel structures.

Uranus
    Participant

wooooohoooo!

allegory
    Participant

Nice! I’ll be in the middle of my trip to Scotland — hopefully I can stop off at an internet cafe and post a few pics from the trip!

Yes, I admit that I’m mostly posting this because I’M GOING TO SCOTLAND IN A WEEK!! WOO HOO!! 😀

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Nice! I’ll be in the middle of my trip to Scotland — hopefully I can stop off at an internet cafe and post a few pics from the trip!

Very cool! While you’re there, stop in at a pub and have a brew or two for those of us who can’t.

XenPix
    Participant

Yes, I admit that I’m mostly posting this because I’M GOING TO SCOTLAND IN A WEEK!! WOO HOO!! 😀

Does that mean I’m going to have competition on my picture of the Forth Rail Bridge? 😀

allegory
    Participant

Very cool! While you’re there, stop in at a pub and have a brew or two for those of us who can’t.

Oh, believe me — I’ll be having more than just a brew or two over the two weeks!

millera9
    Participant

Question: are we strictly looking for photos of bridges this week or would a photo taken from a bridge count? I haven’t uploaded my idea yet so don’t ask to see it, but it would not actually include the bridge in the photo, though the photo could only be taken when standing on a bridge. Thoughts?

zeke
    Participant

Photograph bridges: Anything from old wooden covered bridges to concrete & steel structures.

To me, that says you need to photograph the physical structure of the bridge.

millera9
    Participant

Thanks Zeke. I’ll come up with something else!

Uranus
    Participant

*sigh* my shot of a snooker bridge hand falls by the wayside…..oh well.

swampa
    Participant
    schnee
    Participant

Just for grins and giggles, I just now clicked on “View Voting Results”. While voting for yourself is a time-honored approach to getting FSM’ed, be advised that any votes are wiped out by Fark.com once the thread hits the mainpage (that’s correct, correct?). And the FSM only pays attention to the main page (the FSM is too cheap to shell out for a TF account).

/yeah, I know, but that would ruin the humor.

swampa
    Participant

The votes remain once it hits main page, so it doesn’t really matter if they vote for themselves before it goes live or afterwards. For a while there there wasn’t much time from when the contest was added until it went green so no-one really had a chance to vote before it went live, but the last few weeks there has been a gap of a few hours before it went green and voting was disabled.

/Too much time spent checking to see if someone voted for me 😛

millera9
    Participant

Curious did you mean to post two shots in the same post and leave voting enabled?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I emailed Curious earlier, but haven’t heard back yet.

*sigh* my shot of a snooker bridge hand falls by the wayside…..oh well.

Actually, I woulda thought that would be fair. I was considering photographing the bridge on my guitar, myself 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘10-10-07 – Farktography Classic: Bridges II’ is closed to new replies.