10-10-07 – Farktography Classic: Bridges II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-10-07 – Farktography Classic: Bridges II

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    corsec67
    Participant

And I was considering photographing my network->wifi bridge…

For some reason, I drove 500 miles just to take some pictures for this contest, and only used 1 of those. Oh well, I got to see more of Colorado.

SilverStag
    Participant

My wife works in a dental appliance office- I coulda had lots of bridges had I thought of it!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I considered dental bridges, but didn’t have access to any 😆

sleeping
    Participant

I had considered using this one, but it’s not especially interesting apart from being a different sort of bridge:

Flavivirus
    Participant

Nitpicky again… I love the composition of the four seasons on one bridge (by digidorm), but it looks to me like 4 photographs… it’s a fantastic art piece but more of a gallery piece than one that conforms to the contest. I believe 4 shots photoshopped together is too liberal (though it opens up a world of possibilities!)

also, there’s someone at the by the name of “pagoda” who i think is being insulting to the spirit of the contest… I think any participation is good… quality is not a “prerequisite” to post.

SilverStag
    Participant

I agree with Flavivirus – there are a couple of folks this week who seem to miss the idea of following the rules. It’s not as bad this week as it has been in the recent past, though, I’ll have to admit.

Some of the entries this week are stunning. Well done!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thread’s been cleaned up.

Beautiful work this week, folks!

schnee
    Participant

The votes remain once it hits main page, so it doesn’t really matter if they vote for themselves before it goes live or afterwards. For a while there there wasn’t much time from when the contest was added until it went green so no-one really had a chance to vote before it went live, but the last few weeks there has been a gap of a few hours before it went green and voting was disabled.

/Too much time spent checking to see if someone voted for me 😛

Huh, the more you know…

Curious
    Participant

Curious did you mean to post two shots in the same post and leave voting enabled?

yeah, it was a before and after concept based on the theme being “bridges two”. i decided to use a different shot for the before, rather than last years, since it shows the pilings better.

and it’s doing better in the voting than my other two. didn’t expect that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, the problem with doing that is that it’s basically two entries in a single post, which is against the rules.

Uranus
    Participant

*sigh* my shot of a snooker bridge hand falls by the wayside…..oh well.

Actually, I woulda thought that would be fair. I was considering photographing the bridge on my guitar, myself 😉

pwah! that was my second thought….

Curious
    Participant

Elsinore from the boobies – Please post each photo separately so they can be voted for individually.

note the use of the word “please”. and only the second photo was to be voted on as the first was a reference shot.

that said is your problem with the technique of before and after or that i didn’t use the actual photo from last time. there were two reasons for not using the original photo. one being stated above and the other that i didn’t want to go through all the “it’s a repeat post” stuff for a photo that was meant to be a reference only.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what the “Please” has to do with it–the rule is to have only one entry per posting, with or without the polite phrasing. You just said above that the first photo wasn’t a repeat, so it would be fair game to enter it, thus both photos are eligible and thus could be seen as two entries in one, especially when other multiple entry shots from other Farktographers have been deleted. It seems as though your aim could be accomplished by posting the “before” shot as a separate posting without voting. If your “after” shot can’t stand alone in the same posting without having the “before” shot posted under the same voting, then that suggests to me you need both for your single entry, which doesn’t seem in keeping with the rules about posting photos separately.

Curious
    Participant

It seems as though your aim could be accomplished by posting the “before” shot as a separate posting without voting.
    true if they would have appeared one behind the other but there is no way to ensure they would.

If your “after” shot can’t stand alone in the same posting without having the “before” shot posted under the same voting, then that suggests to me you need both for your single entry, which doesn’t seem in keeping with the rules about posting photos separately.
    ideally i could have posted the after w/o a caption and folks would have (somehow) known how it tied to the theme. or a caption of the place would have explained the tie in. but the reality is that neither were likely to explain the tie in and a verbose caption, while not against the rules, is not as effective as a visual.

sleeping
    Participant

Perhaps it would be better to link the non-voting shot rather than post it inline in the entry? Just a thought…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘10-10-07 – Farktography Classic: Bridges II’ is closed to new replies.