10-15-08 – See You at the Fair

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-15-08 – See You at the Fair

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    mopsy
    Participant

Thanks neonjohn for the explanation. Guess it was a good thing I decided to stop while I was ahead!

lokisbong
    Participant

Good info for sure neonjohn.

I got nothing at all for this one. I have been working too much this year and missed the county fair and the last five sca meets so I am out his time.

soosh
    Participant

Like the man above said, malls are private property and they can ban photography in them. Why they would is beyond me, but it’s just one more reason to stay out of malls.

mopsy
    Participant

Part of me says I should just sit this one out. But I did take the time to travel to the site of our County Fair, only to find everything locked up tight. So the photos are through and over the chain link fence. The effort is certainly there, but the subjects are a little lacking. That being said, I plan to enter them if you say it’s okay SilverStag.

SilverStag
    Participant

It’s OK, mopsy. Better to participate (it helps your stats on the FSM).

mopsy
    Participant

It’s OK, mopsy. Better to participate (it helps your stats on the FSM).

Thanks. Will do!

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’m out for this one since I don’t have anything that fits the theme. But I’ll be online Wednesday night to support everyone else’s efforts by voting. See you next week.

soosh
    Participant

I had nothing. I bought Brach’s Circus Peanuts. I now have entries.

staplermofo
    Participant

My attempts to shoot people at the fair went every bit as well as my choice of words suggests.

I’m going to try some stupid crap and hope for the best when I wake up.

I wish I thought of circus peanuts, even if I probably only would have gotten no entries, and maybe diabetes.

Curious
    Participant

I’d say that was a fair, yes.

well i’m glad you included ren fairs since i will have an entry or two now.

ironically (or perhaps coincidentally) a friend called last night and mentioned she would be going to a local parish fair today. unfortunately i don’t have the time to go with her. and it’s the only local fair and one i’d hoped to be able to use for this contest.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Like the man above said, malls are private property and they can ban photography in them. Why they would is beyond me, but it’s just one more reason to stay out of malls.

Most Japanese and English malls ban photography because the high end clothing labels are obsessed with stopping piracy of their label. Like a photograph of something on the rack is going to be perfectly reproduced. Whatever, didn’t stop me as seen here: http://theothereast.com/?p=446

harpo
    Participant

Tough theme this time. I have one shot and was going to head to the fairgrounds today and try for a couple more, but I got laid off this morning so now I’m going to drink and maybe submit the one I have if I can still work the keys by then.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Tough theme this time. I have one shot and was going to head to the fairgrounds today and try for a couple more, but I got laid off this morning so now I’m going to drink and maybe submit the one I have if I can still work the keys by then.

Sorry to hear about the job, I suspect many other people are worried about the getting similar notices these days.

If it would help work out your frustrations you could take a photo of your termination notice after you scrawled “Not Fair” with a sharpee?

harpo
    Participant

“Not Fair”

Brilliant! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Curious
    Participant

SilverStag does mardi gras count as a fair? i realize that “street fair” would be pushing the limits here and won’t be the least bit upset if you say no.

it is refereed to as a carnival too 🙂

never mind i have too many choices already 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • The topic ‘10-15-08 – See You at the Fair’ is closed to new replies.