10-23-13 – Weather 2: Weather or Not

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-23-13 – Weather 2: Weather or Not

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

I’d honestly be ok with ignoring that, cause I don’t care personally. The issue there, though, is that it’s already been posted and people have started submitting under that requirement.

I’m not sure if my entries would qualify so I will refrain from weighing in on this. Let me know the decision so I can find other photos.

linguine
    Participant

So how different does the weather have to be, would rain from one part of a large system be different from lightning in another part of the system?

Barracuda
    Participant

I’d say wind != rain != lightning != snow != ice != flood. If it’s a picture of the same storm, but the subject intended is a different element of weather, I’m good with that in my opinion.

linguine
    Participant

Sounds good to me.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s my take on it as well. A simple rain shower to me is different from a thunderstorm or the lightning that might accompany a different part of the cell. That would also allow us to be as flexible as possible within the constraints of the wording.

With that in mind, nobigdeal, I think your entries are fine.

Yugoboy
    Participant

How are mine?
    I’ve got 2 snow storms in progress, one in the morning, one in the evening, and one calm day showing the result of a major snowfall.

Do I need 1 or 2 more? If one, please disenvotinate the one in the middle (due to my captions, getting rid of it would be confusing). If 2, disenvotinate the first one as well. The deer stay either way.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

There are some really good photos this week. It’s times like this Fark needs a Vote All button so I don’t spend an hour clicking the boxes.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

How are mine?
    I’ve got 2 snow storms in progress, one in the morning, one in the evening, and one calm day showing the result of a major snowfall.

Do I need 1 or 2 more? If one, please disenvotinate the one in the middle (due to my captions, getting rid of it would be confusing). If 2, disenvotinate the first one as well. The deer stay either way.

Ah see, I thought it was one snow storm in progress, then 2 clear/calm with snow on the ground, so I figured the obviously snowing one was a good one and then either of the not snowing ones. Personally I like the deer one over the iced tea one, and it appears to be the one in the middle, so it’s now disenvotinated. Feel free to add something else if you want!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Clarification: The iced tea one was in the middle and was disenvotinated at your requests, not the postcard-ready deer picture.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to oddmind this week!

Barracuda
    Participant

congrats oddmind, those lightning shots are hard to beat. Great work from everyone, I’m very happy to get a top 5 for the first time in a few months. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘10-23-13 – Weather 2: Weather or Not’ is closed to new replies.