11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv

Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

You are definitely on a roll U-man. They have all deserved to be winning shots as far as I could tell.
    I was happy last week when I finally got a tenth place for the first time.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to U-Man this week!

orionid
    Participant

Great shots this week, everyone! And thanks for the thoughts/concerns/”good energies.” Not 100% sure if I’ll be able to participate this coming week, but things are looking up. On the topic of doubles/triples, I saw quite a few while living in Hawaii. Also, counting the doubles and triples as a single entity, I still saw an average of 1.2 rainbows per day while living there. Strangely, I never really got around to photographing many of them. I really miss the midwest though, where you can see one complete rainbow, end-to-end taking up the entire sky.

here’s a smattering from my flickr stream
    Some of these have been submitted before, but what the hey, everyone likes rainbows. A quick story about the first two shots that show up: They’re the same rainbow/day/time/location, etc, with different cameras. I had taken some of Pangolyn‘s ashes up the Waiau Ridge along a trail that we had hiked on while living in Hawaii, and saw this rainbow on the way out. What really struck me was how quickly it had appeared, and where I was when it appeared. I stopped to take a break at a little flat-topped area still about 2.5 miles (and 1700 feet elevation) from civilization, and watched the rainbow appear almost instantly as a misty rain blew over the Aiea Ridge into the valley. The spot where I had stopped was also the same spot where I had originally proposed to Pangolyn, so I took the appearance of the rainbow to be a sort of personal new convenant.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Great shots this week, everyone! And thanks for the thoughts/concerns/”good energies.” Not 100% sure if I’ll be able to participate this coming week, but things are looking up. On the topic of doubles/triples, I saw quite a few while living in Hawaii. Also, counting the doubles and triples as a single entity, I still saw an average of 1.2 rainbows per day while living there. Strangely, I never really got around to photographing many of them. I really miss the midwest though, where you can see one complete rainbow, end-to-end taking up the entire sky.

here’s a smattering from my flickr stream
    Some of these have been submitted before, but what the hey, everyone likes rainbows. A quick story about the first two shots that show up: They’re the same rainbow/day/time/location, etc, with different cameras. I had taken some of Pangolyn‘s ashes up the Waiau Ridge along a trail that we had hiked on while living in Hawaii, and saw this rainbow on the way out. What really struck me was how quickly it had appeared, and where I was when it appeared. I stopped to take a break at a little flat-topped area still about 2.5 miles (and 1700 feet elevation) from civilization, and watched the rainbow appear almost instantly as a misty rain blew over the Aiea Ridge into the valley. The spot where I had stopped was also the same spot where I had originally proposed to Pangolyn, so I took the appearance of the rainbow to be a sort of personal new convenant.

Way cool!

Too bad ya missed your theme. If I would have thought of it I would have posted em for you.

Welcome back anyway.

thepostess
    Participant

Welcome back.

Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv’ is closed to new replies.