11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Dead rainbow trout?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lokisbong: It’s subtle, but would work

soosh: Yeah, I guess it’s ok, especially if they don’t look particularly…dead 😉

olavf
    Participant

Dead rainbow trout?

ha!

lokisbong
    Participant

lokisbong: It’s subtle, but would work

Thank you. I know it’s subtle but that was why I liked it. On a tangent is that flare bad for the sensor ?

Edited for punctuation.

clouddancer
    Participant

So many double rainbows. Makes me wonder if they’re common, yet I don’t see them.

/Been a while since I’ve actually seen a rainbow in person though.
    //I do make it a point to take my camera with me everywhere I can though.

U-Man
    Participant

I’ll bet I see two or three rainbows a year. Most of them are doubles.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lokisbong: Nah, it’s just the way the light is going through your lens. If you were to do a bulb/extended exposure of the direct sun, it might harm your sensor, but that’s not likely to happen since the exposure’s going to end up only several hundredths or thousandths of a second.

clouddancer: When I was a kid, I spent summers in Florida with my Grandmother. We saw lots of rainbows, and they were almost always doubles and triples. The second and subsequent bows are usually quite a bit fainter and easy to miss. I see them in the midwest, too, though.

lokisbong
    Participant

Good to know Elsinore. Thanks again.

olavf
    Participant

When I was a kid, I spent summers in Florida with my Grandmother. We saw lots of rainbows, and they were almost always doubles and triples. The second and subsequent bows are usually quite a bit fainter and easy to miss. I see them in the midwest, too, though.

Coolest thing I ever saw was when I was a kid in the PI. It was a ‘ring-bow’ in that it was perfectly circular and directly overhead.

clouddancer
    Participant

One of SilverStag’s pictures got sent into the ether. 2009-11-04 08:05:35 PM

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Actually, it looks like the link got screwed up on that one when he posted it.

Sidetrack
    Participant

Coolest thing I ever saw was when I was a kid in the PI. It was a ‘ring-bow’ in that it was perfectly circular and directly overhead.

the proverbial “rainbow at midnight” is pretty cool, It’s a ring too. I’ve seen it out in the Pacific a couple of times. I’ve given up trying to take moon shots from the boat though, way too much motion.

victori78
    Participant

Just wanted to say ya’ll had some amazing photos for this!!

Did my best to make something work for this, but was really limited by my equipment not letting me override the autofocus. Ah well, some day I will get those shots!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, U-Man has won 6 of the last 10 contests, and if he wins this one as he’s on track to do, that will be 4 wins in a row. Quite a streak!

U-Man
    Participant

I knew I was rollin’ but I hadn’t stopped to look. Wow is right. Part of me feels kinda bad because there are always good photos in each contest. I mean, yeah, I like my pics but there are always others that could do just as well. I guess I just have my Fark-fu working.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv’ is closed to new replies.