11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

He’s taking some time to himself…posted about it on FB. Don’t want to go too much into it other than that.

olavf
    Participant

Aw, crap. I hope he’s okay…. We’ll keep him in our thoughts if that’s needed.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks E. I’ll send good energy out there for him. Hopefully it will find him.

/the hard parts are when I grow.

olavf
    Participant

So it was painful, but I got three for this week. two of them are…interesting. I’m genuinely curious to see how they do.

clouddancer
    Participant

Any chance I could get input on what I linked earlier? I posted hoping for some feedback but I never got anything. I’m not really sure how to make them better, I don’t even know if they qualify.

cameraflage
    Participant

So I guess this would probably be a bad week to post a B&W image?

Happy thoughts and positive waves to Orionid.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah, I tried to be cutesie with the yellow theme and submitted a b&w school bus. Els gave it the kaibosh. 🙂

QueenBee
    Participant

So here’s one of my options for tonight..the rainbow coloring is kind of subtle..is it enough to qualify or should I just trash it because it’s not obvious enough?
    http://tinypic.com/r/s1ivzt/4

clouddancer
    Participant

QB, that’s pretty much what I posted about too. My rainbows were rather small and all around it was less robust in color than I would have hoped. Honestly, yours has more kick than mine so I”d go for it. Not even a single prism around her to work with, sadly (hence the CDs).

QueenBee
    Participant

QB, that’s pretty much what I posted about too. My rainbows were rather small and all around it was less robust in color than I would have hoped. Honestly, yours has more kick than mine so I”d go for it. Not even a single prism around her to work with, sadly (hence the CDs).

Did you put your CDs in the microwave? 😛 it’s a neat effect but it may be effecting (affect? I always get those wrong) your rainbows! I like the idea of the first picture. Do you have any photomanipulation programs where you can try to play with the levels and contrast a bit? It might help.

I have CD pics too 😛 I’m trying to decide between them on which one to use since I know a lot of people may be going that route.

clouddancer
    Participant

I did put them in the microwave, yes. We had some that turned out to be duds. I was hoping it’d give it a pattern in addition to the rainbows, but that didn’t seem to make a difference. Husband suggested to use music CDs since they may have a glossier finish?? I have no idea if he’s right or wrong, I just didn’t want to pull down my binder with them. I finally got everything I had ripped to my computer so I could merge it with my iTunes library. I may have to just suck it up and spend an hour or so doing that today (not too long as I’m distracted enough with work as it is), but hopefully I can get some better results.

I thought about using hard drive platters, but those aren’t so much rainbow-y as they are just plain reflective so that didn’t work worth a darn either. I’ll figure out something. Thanks for the input.

QueenBee
    Participant

I used CDs that I burned some anime stuff onto and they worked fine. I’m not sure if music CDs would make any difference or not but if you have the time it doesn’t hurt to try it 🙂

olavf
    Participant

Yeah, I went the CD route for one of mine too. Hopefully it’ll be sufficiently different from the others.

I went and got a prism for this weeks contest (yay Amazon) but utterly failed to make pretty rainbows on anything… and I couldn’t even make a decent diffraction pattern indoors =/ Did end up putting it to some good use though. The resulting shots are…different.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Yeah, I went the CD route for one of mine too. Hopefully it’ll be sufficiently different from the others.

I went and got a prism for this weeks contest (yay Amazon) but utterly failed to make pretty rainbows on anything… and I couldn’t even make a decent diffraction pattern indoors =/ Did end up putting it to some good use though. The resulting shots are…different.

HAHA! I used CDs too.

Hmm,maybe this is gonna be a week of 100 pictures of CDs?

I tried some different types of glass and other stuff trying to get any sort of a rainbow effect but failed miserably.

olavf
    Participant

HAHA! I used CDs too.

Hmm,maybe this is gonna be a week of 100 pictures of CDs?

I tried some different types of glass and other stuff trying to get any sort of a rainbow effect but failed miserably.

Probably not quite that bad, but there’ll be a few of them, for sure. That and rainbows…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘11-04-09 – Roy G. Biv’ is closed to new replies.